test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any plans on making Gaunt PVP available more often?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Topic on the title.

This game definitely needs more PVP modes. I've seen module 3 on the preview shard and I must say the open world pvp isn't too impressive.

Making 20 vs 20 PVP available 24/7 or at least more often such as every 2 hours will artificially enable more PVP modes available.

If the devs are scared of grym coin farming (not sure why, these matches take 30 minutes), then get rid of the grym coin reward until the designated time
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The merry-go-round of capping. I get so sick of hearing, "your team dominates, The enemy dominates" repeated over and over for 30 mins. I agree with you that they need more pvp modes, but I pray to all the gods of faerun this isn't one of them.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    The merry-go-round of capping. I get so sick of hearing, "your team dominates, The enemy dominates" repeated over and over for 30 mins. I agree with you that they need more pvp modes, but I pray to all the gods of faerun this isn't one of them.

It doesn't matter. This mode is all finished, they merely just need to make it available on more timeslots
  • shadowdragon311shadowdragon311 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the issue of never getting into a GG PvP match - 1 in two months and that was with a party of 5 in my guild = crummy and I "q" for it every day at least twice a day.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am surprised this game doesnt have a DOTA like map.

The basic mechanic could be that getting the killing blow on a minion gives +15 tenacity until the end of the game. Killing a player gives you +15 to +100 tenacity depending on their killing streak. Combine that with a jungle, some jungle buffs, some towers, a couple of lanes, and a couple of stale mate breaking boss mob objectives and you got yourself a PvP map with a snowball mechanic and objective control.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any plans on making Gaunt PVP available more often?

It's been months since GG PvP for me (Delzoun) is just collecting food for Amusud. Hey Cryptic just put twenty bots in the red team and let the fight begin! Waiting 15 minutes at campfire for the recurrent Delzoun victory is no fun.
    edited March 2014
    I have the issue of never getting into a GG PvP match - 1 in two months and that was with a party of 5 in my guild = crummy and I "q" for it every day at least twice a day.

I don't mean for the daily rewards, I mean as another PVP mode.

If all I wanted was to get the daily then I wouldn't make this thread and just go Luskan
    edited March 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    It's been months since GG PvP for me (Delzoun) is just collecting food for Amusud. Hey Cryptic just put twenty bots in the red team and let the fight begin! Waiting 15 minutes at campfire for the recurrent Delzoun victory is no fun.

Umm...that isn't PVP that is Gaunt PVE
    edited March 2014
    I don't mean for the daily rewards, I mean as another PVP mode.

If all I wanted was to get the daily then I wouldn't make this thread and just go Luskan

So what your saying is a cleric, that is spec'ed and geared for PvP is q'ing just for the reward? No I honestly want to 20 man PvP and in no way did I insinuate I was only q'ing for the daily. Although I've been told to go Luskan but that's what I hear a lot of people are doing, so who is to say that will even help in my situation?

[edit]
    I did however get into a GG PvP today so I guess I can reset the timer, but it's still a broken system and people who do actually want their daily will not be getting it every day or sometimes even week which is disappointing. I would say a solution to the issue would be to give the daily to everyone who was actively Q'ing from start to finish that didn't get in. Just a idea that would most likely get exploited somehow anyway, but it's a idea.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »

Time to go luskan...
    edited March 2014
    I did however get into a GG PvP today so I guess I can reset the timer, but it's still a broken system and people who do actually want their daily will not be getting it every day or sometimes even week which is disappointing. I would say a solution to the issue would be to give the daily to everyone who was actively Q'ing from start to finish that didn't get in. Just a idea that would most likely get exploited somehow anyway, but it's a idea.

I just want another PVP mode that is available more often to play with
    edited March 2014
    I just want another PVP mode that is available more often to play with
    Well let's hope this new mod gives us what GG don't.

Perhaps the general idea is to pull all the epic full PvP geared players away from standard PvP and GG to let the new guys have at it, err so to speak.
    edited March 2014
    Well let's hope this new mod gives us what GG don't.

Perhaps the general idea is to pull all the epic full PvP geared players away from standard PvP and GG to let the new guys have at it, err so to speak.

No, the new module does not give any significant PVP modes other than an area where people can get flagged for PVP and fight with their pets and PVE pots.

I've seen it and was not satisfied, which is why I brought up this idea to just make 20vs20 PVP available 20/7 or in more timeslots if player count is a problem
    edited March 2014
    No, the new module does not give any significant PVP modes other than an area where people can get flagged for PVP and fight with their pets and PVE pots.

I've seen it and was not satisfied, which is why I brought up this idea to just make 20vs20 PVP available 20/7 or in more timeslots if player count is a problem
    Well I would be happy with GG PvP being a constant with no grym coin reward, or assistance from catapults, etc. but get daily would be cool.
    edited March 2014
    You know what would be fun some type of capture the war banner 10 v 10 to reduce lag and the faction with the most banners once the 20 v 20 starts gets some type of bonus. :0p Or if lag is not a issue server side make it 20 v 20 it would be interesting.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The sad thing is, we have been asking for new pvp maps since the beginning and cryptic has shown they just dont care what we want. It should be so easy to add new maps, but no lets go with a open world pvp instead that some of the players dont even want(not me but others) and not add stuff that would be easy to do.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Close to a year later, any capture the flag? Nope. Any 1v1 duels? Nope. How about assualt? Nope. Epic fail? Yep.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The rotation is horrible for me. Either I'm not home yet, or I'm cooking for my family. And since I have a life outside NW, playing through the night is no option either.
    Same for me, I'm never aviable when GG stuff is on... bad luck I guess =P
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Same for me, I'm never aviable when GG stuff is on... bad luck I guess =P

I hate GG pvp, but Many people like it so i say why not. It's not bad luck on your part that you can't play GG, it's bad policy on neverwinters part. Hope you guys get your wish, I won't be there though.