test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non epic cloak tower, wall won't open

lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Happened with two different groups today. The wall at the end of the Labyrinth area in non epic Cloak tower won't breach.
Post edited by lewel555 on

Comments

• hikro2hikro2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah it happened to me just now.. is there anyway to solve this without starting a new dungeon, or is it pretty much forever closed?
  • nizananizana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This happened for me as well today.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi, I also encountered closed wall for the cloak tower when I used queues to join in on cloak tower quest. I tried using queues for the first 2 times and the labyrinth section just ends up leading to a dead end if you use the Z command for map navigation. We walked around the whole map but still could not get the dungeon to reset to default. I then quit and just waited outside the dungeon for fellow gamers and teamed up with 1 level 18 guy.

The third try when we clean enter the dungeon from its map entrance, the dungeon played normally and we could complete the quest. I needed the quest to get rough astral diamonds. I think there are some issues with the queue system, developers kindly look into this and try and fix the queue system. I used the queue system for the Orc skirmish and it worked fine, but the cloak tower seems buggered.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This is still happening? Wasn't it claimed to be fixed yet again, a few patches ago?
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just queued up twice for this and BOTH times it was bugged. NO MOBS at all. Needless to say the door at the end of the Labyrinth never opened. I'd say it isn't fixed. Maybe a more recent patch re-introduced the bug.

On the positive side I 1) didn't get killed and 2) now know very well the route to take.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    happened to me to in multible queues AND a manual team. lots of therorys as to why but we killed all bosses even ravenous had all flowers and gems we event went back to find missed gloweys/mobs i found 2 chests and 5 skill nodes and 7 mobs we missed.
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It happened to me too. I queued alone on Cloak Tower, and was added to a group who was already on the CT. They were stuck on the same stupid wall.

So, I came here, investigated and things, but I did not find any solution. I remember reading somewhere here that for the wall to open you have to kill all bosses (the one on the Dungeon section and the other Makred the Foul on the bottom of a cave section). But, yeah, we killed them all and still nothing.

Then I read on the Tower Disctrict chat something about the queue system going bad and that in order to complete CT, we have to join a party outside the queue system and go to the door and enter with the current team. So we did it, but still the wall won't open.

Also, I noticed there should be a trap on a stair (I know, I have killed many orcs with that trap :) ) but there isn't. Also, yes, we collected all items from the quest (though we weren't on delves event) but still nothing.

The most curious thing about the bug is that the mobs ARE there. We had to fight through orcs and orcs, and then the wall didn't open, like a door which needs a key to be opened...

Mmmmm... So my solution, finally, was to report the bug and leave without completing the dungeon.

PD: Also, I have to say the second time we entered, with tha party already done, it was weird. I wanted to add a player to the party (we were four) but it said the player was already a member of the party. Weird. And even weirder, when we were going to enter, I, the party leader, could not enter the dungeon. We were not queueing, but the system was saying we were, and the only one who could trigger the entrance was a new player which was not on the first party.
  • baedriirabaedriira Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Didn't Queue, was duoing it with hubby and it wouldn't let us through... Tried to figure it out for a while before finding the forums... Too late to restart tonight... Will try again tomorrow...
  • pamelatorpamelator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same hire :( I was trying to finish this dungeons with 3 normal and 3 premade groups - no go :(. The game is superb but bug like that just stops me from spending money on it. It is first dungeon for new players... what impression it gives about the game ? Technical support told me that they are aware of the issue but that did`t change anything. I red forum and this bug is since beta... Come on ! this is the best game since wow and bugs like this just loosing you MONEY and making ppl unhappy :).
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    pamelator wrote: »
    Same hire :( I was trying to finish this dungeons with 3 normal and 3 premade groups - no go :(. The game is superb but bug like that just stops me from spending money on it. It is first dungeon for new players... what impression it gives about the game ?

..an entirely truthful one. Now you know what to expect :)

That bug has been there since beta. It has been "fixed" several times, to no avail. I do wonder why an attempt wasn't made to salvage a little dignity by removing that door, if no-one is able to make it work properly. It just makes the game look bad to new players taking it for a spin, if the first dungeon is so very broken.
  • fox544fox544 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    ..an entirely truthful one. Now you know what to expect :)

That bug has been there since beta. It has been "fixed" several times, to no avail. I do wonder why an attempt wasn't made to salvage a little dignity by removing that door, if no-one is able to make it work properly. It just makes the game look bad to new players taking it for a spin, if the first dungeon is so very broken.
    I'm having this issue too. It's sad that such an easy eludes the devs. Wall doesn't work? Remove it. I doubt that change would compromise the integrity of the dungeon itself. I've gone in 4 times and all 4 times it's failed to load.
  • beelzebuthnazgulbeelzebuthnazgul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fox544 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too. It's sad that such an easy eludes the devs. Wall doesn't work? Remove it. I doubt that change would compromise the integrity of the dungeon itself. I've gone in 4 times and all 4 times it's failed to load.

I thought it was fixed now! A friend of mine plays this game since a few months and have the same problem, today I tried FIVE TIMES the dungeon, and the same. No mobs, and the door closed.
  • alexnwnalexnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This bug does not allow me to complete my daily quest :(
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh i guess i found my answer. I have never seen the starter dungeon in any game be broken until now.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks like fix is going onto Owlbear test server now...

Owlbear-Preview-Patch-Notes-
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |