test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spawn killing banable?

pedjanikpedjanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is that banable if ur spawn killing some1 in pvp
Post edited by pedjanik on

Comments

• xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    From what I've heard some people whining to me while I spawn camped them. It went a little something like this if I remember correctly, "12 people have been banned for camping our spawn you know", as I was killing him in his spawn.

Have I been banned, or has anyone from my "Team" been banned for it yet? Nope. Because Beta! Right?
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since when spawn camping on the "open world" is banable?
    Botting yes
    spawn camping?
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • pedjanikpedjanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not open world dude its pvp area
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pedjanik wrote: »
    not open world dude its pvp area

Since when that is banable? The problem is that the Dev didn't think to make it safe area or even better make it unreachable by opposing team or allow random respawn.

That is poor coding on the Dev part. Spawn camping happen because people want to win. There is no "honorable" combat anymore. (I wish there are still around but unless it is coded, people will use any means possible within the system to win)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Even if they did make their spawn point a safe zone. You could technically "Spawn Camp" their area anyways. You, and your team would simply just have to stay by where they actually come out, or fall down from. It's pretty much inevitable, and it's bound to happen. I honestly can't see any work around past this.

If people feel like they've already won, or have captured all the points, what's left to do but PvP? So, they'll simply sit outside where you come out of your base, and pick your team off one by one anyways.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I doubt it, though one could probably interpret it as harassment. It is pretty low since the dominant team has already won, but people on the receiving end have the option to just leave the match. Not doing so and getting angry does not really cut it. It is not like corpse camping in other games where you are prevented from playing.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is called griefing and can be called a form harassment due to not allowing another player to enjoy the game.
  • drakevonleedrakevonlee Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow bragging about spawn killing players oooo u got mad skills bro.
  • snipegunnersnipegunner Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2014
    It should be bannable. They are not supposed to be able to reach camp so therefore it is an exploit. The camp is there to be a safespot to switch out encounters, pop potions and whatever else. Not for some douchbags to rack kills.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please don't post to thread more than 30 days old. Kelemvor would not be pleased.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.