test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expanded companion utility

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a few ideas which I think would make non-augment companions more useful:

1. Companion auto-rez: All companions will auto-rez after (45 - their level) seconds. They will rez with (2% per level) hitpoints and be immune to damage for (their level/10) seconds.

2. Non-summoned companion assists:

a) Every so often, non-summoned (but still in active slots) companions will appear to assist you.
i) Strikers will appear, hit the enemy with both of their attacks, and will grant combat advantage for a few seconds.
ii) Defenders will appear, hit the enemy with their attacks, and will wipe all threat you had on the enemy.
iii) Leaders will appear and either use both their attacks on the enemy and/or use their buff/heal abilities on you. Your recharging encounter powers will have their cooldowns reduced by 2 seconds.

b) Your summoned companion will attempt to rez you if you should fall in combat, (normal time limit applies).

3. Summoned companion bonus:

a) Your summoned companion will provide twice its active bonus.

4. Hide-mode:

a) In the companion window, in addition to the summon/unsummon options, there will be a new option called "hide". When a companion is hidden, it cannot be targeted and cannot attack. Should you attack an enemy, sustain combat damage, (not falling damage), or use a power on your companion, said companion will become unhidden and behave as normal.

The specific values for all the suggested improvements would have to be worked out, of course.

What do you think?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    First they have to make them not aggro everything in sight, not stand in spots on the ground or even if they do they should take reduced damage and not trigger effects like spawning mobs.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Love the Idea its a real shame that you get like thousands of companions for example through CTA but there is just no sence in using them. Good thoughts

/edit:

eliminate softcaps and for how long is recovery not working for Companions? Thats a shame!
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like:
    b) Your summoned companion will attempt to rez you if you should fall in combat, (normal time limit applies).

a) Your summoned companion will provide twice its active bonus.

But first they have to make them not remove equipments when going into idle mode.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First they have to make them not remove equipments when going into idle mode.

well thats the least thing you should improve if you improve. Thats just about comfort >_<
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited March 2014
    good ideeas but id suggest a dmg buff to them and faster attacks + a 4th skill active/passive they only got 2 dmg skills and 1 passive lvl 30
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    well thats the least thing you should improve if you improve. Thats just about comfort >_<
    If you have 15+ companions, you would understand that and support that.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    First they have to make them not aggro everything in sight, not stand in spots on the ground or even if they do they should take reduced damage and not trigger effects like spawning mobs.

I agree, i know of only two companions that actually try to avoid red circles > The Illusionist from the ARC promo and a lvl 30 cleric companion. But yea, even they aggro everything in sight.

• majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bioshrike, thank you for creating this thread. I was going to create one on this subject but instead I'll just add to yours. I agree whole heartedly that companions require more utility. Your ideas are a great start. In playing table top D&D for over a decade I do believe companions in this format require more love. I'll just sum up my thoughts:
    Really and truly I don't think companions need more damage or bigger passives. What they DO need is better base AI. In some other MMO's companions resist AOE attacks better than even the players do. If we cannot get better AI that dodges or defends against AOE circle/patches, then we need companions to better resist these attacks. If we get that small change, then companions will finally be able to accompany us through any tier of dungeons. The only viable companions at this stage is augment ones and that needs to change. For diversity and player fun, even GREEN companions should be able to survive. They do next to nothing anyways and really should be able to stand with us through a boss fight. So increase their AI, or quadruple their defense/HP value. Thanks.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like:

But first they have to make them not remove equipments when going into idle mode.

I wholeheartedly agree as a companion collector. Companion gear should stay with them in idle bag.