test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marauder's Escape

jokoooooojokoooooo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Wilds
can any1 explain me if i am wrong. Marauder's Escape in this skill it is written DASH BACKWARD 50 FEAT, ESCAPING YOUR ENEMIES so as i understand it must be immune to control but it is not. And also Forest Ghost DEVs please can you make this skill cast time lower cause in that condition as it is now it is useless until you cast it you are getting killed
Post edited by jokoooooo on

Comments

• jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree, both of this skills seems buggy.

With Forest Ghost, it is unclear as to when it's proced, and when you're stealthed. The daily sometimes is on cooldown when it shouldn't, or sometimes not doing anything after you've activate it.

Marander's escape, should be immured to control, it's an escape after all. Plus it doesn't work when you've jumped.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • smishmintsmishmint Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    I agree, both of this skills seems buggy.

With Forest Ghost, it is unclear as to when it's proced, and when you're stealthed. The daily sometimes is on cooldown when it shouldn't, or sometimes not doing anything after you've activate it.

Marander's escape, should be immured to control, it's an escape after all. Plus it doesn't work when you've jumped.

Forest Ghost, at least in PvP, is very situational and for a few reasons. It has a long cast time, meaning if someone is chasing you and you cast Forest Ghost, they are right on top of you by the time you cast it. What this means is, if their encounters are on CD and they have no more stamina bar, you should be able to peel away from them. The other times this ability works good is when you are behind a pillar and want to sneak past a group of enemies; lastly, when you want a 30% on foot move speed buff such as when time is of the essence, such as one team being seconds from victory.

I'll say that ability is not a staple of the class, usually it isn't very strong except in those situations. I still don't even know if I'd like to see it buffed though as it could be extremely strong, for example, if it was instant cast. One problem it does have is, if it's disrupted it is put on cooldown but ability points aren't taken. It shouldn't be put on cooldown like that.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    jokoooooo wrote: »
    can any1 explain me if i am wrong. Marauder's Escape in this skill it is written DASH BACKWARD 50 FEAT, ESCAPING YOUR ENEMIES so as i understand it must be immune to control but it is not. And also Forest Ghost DEVs please can you make this skill cast time lower cause in that condition as it is now it is useless until you cast it you are getting killed

Escape is meant to be used preemptively as a deaggro power/placement change just as the add's turn your way.

It's not actually a dodge, or an escape, it's a deaggro. If anything else hits them while you're 'escaping' they will forget about you and attack the new target.

Now, if you begin firing again immediately it doesn't do anything except place you 50 ft away. This is pretty good if you use it, again preemptively, but as you rightly point out you are not CC immune and do not gain a dodge on either Forest Ghost or Escape.

Forest Ghost is actually much the same as Escape, but instead of it having a psudo-dodge it buff's your movement speed for it's duration. You can also use both of them at the same time for one longer deaggro window; or use Forest Ghost, Marauder's Rush, then Marauder's Escape and hit quite a lot of targets with your Ghost slashes and instantly get back out of range while maintaining your movement buff to get further away. (You can also fire while using Ghost to generate zero aggro, but not for very long.)

So it does do something, but I wouldn't call any of these abilities attacks. They are aggro management tools more than anything, with some helpful movement buffs/placement powers. In PvE you probably shouldn't need them, but I found them invaluable in a lot of PUG groups. This is, of course, considering that I won't touch my HR with a ten foot pole with the up and coming changes. Doubt it will need any aggro management powers anymore, given that it hits like a limp noodle fired from a nerf gun.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The only trouble I have with ME is tabbing out of combat and hitting q fast enough for it to work to my full satisfaction in pvp. I think an elven battle enchant will solve that. In pve, as spacejew said, it is a wonderful deaggro for a class that really needs it. On that note it is an awesome kiting tool. ME attack again, get rushed, dodgex5, ME, attack again. HR really seems to be NWO's version of a dex tank.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF