test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello, I am having a problem with Neverwinter

notw3notw3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am hoping before Putting in a support ticket that maybe I can find some help on here first or get any idea's.
So first off I'm not big into MMO games I am more strictly into FPS games as I find them way less boring then a game like Neverwinter,Firefall,Tera, Etc. That doesnt stop me from trying them up till a certain level that I reach.

So anyway I started playing this a while back to see how the graphics were and all that jazz. Made it to level 4 which as most would know that's not far at all. I Made it to the town and then Logged out. The reason behind why is because the town was So laggy I couldn't make much of anything out or move around well. So I wanted to play the game again a few months later. I re downloaded it and was going to try for round 2 but when I log into my Character It is instant 1 fps/ Slideshow.

What I don't get unless the game isnt Optimized very well at all. I can play Guild wars 2 on utra and get 40-70 frames. I play BAttlefield 4 and get 50-70 frames. Planetside 2 80-100 frames etc. I know that really doesnt make to much of a difference because no matter how Crappy the graphics are in these MMO's Towns are Extremely Laggy. This this is Stupid. Anytime I make it to the town im stuck there. I even lowered my graphics in Neverwinter and still.
Its not like its to BIG of a deal because I am honestly not planing on playing it much more. It just looked like it had good graphics and good gameplay to catch my eye
Post edited by notw3 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Whenever asking for help for an issue such as this the most important thing to provide your computer specs.

It doesn't matter what games you can play. That means nothing. It's like calling the doctor and saying you can't run on a track field without pain but there is no pain when you are running off the track field. It doesn't help him in any way and the first thing he is going to ask is for you to come in so he can look at your "system specs" aka your muscles, body and joints.

A powerful system gives you the potential to play something. Nothing more. I have had top end computers crash and burn playing flash games because of a specific issue with a specific part. That is the normal cause for stability issues.

That is why you are having the serious issue and the forums are not flooded with the same thread as this.

TL;DR Always put your system specs when asking for help with technology.
  • notw3notw3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whenever asking for help for an issue such as this the most important thing to provide your computer specs.

It doesn't matter what games you can play. That means nothing. It's like calling the doctor and saying you can't run on a track field without pain but there is no pain when you are running off the track field. It doesn't help him in any way and the first thing he is going to ask is for you to come in so he can look at your "system specs" aka your muscles, body and joints.

A powerful system gives you the potential to play something. Nothing more. I have had top end computers crash and burn playing flash games because of a specific issue with a specific part. That is the normal cause for stability issues.

That is why you are having the serious issue and the forums are not flooded with the same thread as this.

TL;DR Always put your system specs when asking for help with technology.

Sorry Didnt feel like adding that in there
    AMD fx 6300 OC 4.3 ghz
    8gb 1866
    Asus Nvidia760 2 gb
    AsRock 970 Extreme 3
    Evga Supernova 650w
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    notw3 wrote: »
    Sorry Didnt feel like adding that in there
    AMD fx 6300 OC 4.3 ghz
    this is your problem u need i5 4670k or better cpu for this this is heavy cpu focused game
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Hard to say what it is then. The best thing you can do is send a support ticket with our complete system specs including driver versions and operating systems to customer support with a possible compatibility issue.

The computer should be able to run Neverwinter without any problems but as I stated before good computers only have the potential to run well. All it takes is one line of code which doesn't agree with your specific system to bring it to its knees.

It is not normal for such a situation to happen but unless the developers are made aware of these odd situations there is no way for them to know to resolve them. While this is a rare occurrence it is an inevitable situation to occur when PC computers are as unique as human fingerprints.
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    this is your problem u need i5 4670 or better cpu for this this is heavy cpu focused game

Please don't post outright false information. That is not true and will not be tolerated.
    Furthermore his CPU with that overclock is likely the exact same performance so...yeah...
  • notw3notw3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well eh so its CPu heavy which only means one thing and thats the Devs Have no idea what they are doing when it comes to that. Thats just how I see it for any game thats like that More so for a game like so that really does not have the best graphics in the world but is CPU heavy. Hopefully then PWE lets the devs work on fixing it so its Equal Across the Gpu and Cpu
    edited March 2014
    The game is CPU heavy...
    But that does not cause the issue you are describing.

I ran the game on Max settings with a lower end processor than you for years (AMD Phenom II x6 100T).

Do not listen to that nonsense as the game is CPU heavy but that is only in regards for optimization and in terms of higher settings. It is not a requirement to play and the fact you have lowered your settings and still have the issue is the proof.

You should be able to play the game with near max settings with no issues with your processor.
  • ziqn3zzziqn3zz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was a topic on the old forums about graphics settings that seemed to help a lot of players. Try this link to see if it can help you. http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=25591