test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Private Wilfred - Intro & His errr Voice..

baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it me or is this voiceover one of the worst in a long long time..
I know they changed it but it still sound far too whimpish and his character in general, well if hes defending Neverwinter then forget it..

The flashbacks 'Arrghh Dracolich' are all laughable and need some changing because after the 4/5th time of starting a new character you just don't give a ****..

How about in the starting location there is a sewer grate that leads to Neverwinter that you can only interact with if you have already finished the intro at least once?
Post edited by baronvonboom on

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about in the starting location there is a sewer grate that leads to Neverwinter that you can only interact with if you have already finished the intro at least once?

That would be quite nice.
  • cerebralclowncerebralclown Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    He dies at the end. Is that not enough for you? Not liking his voice just makes that scene fun instead of sad. His voice stopped bothering me once I figured he's probably depicting young soldiers who went into battle too young and often died first.
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    Dude. I love Private Wilfred and his voice. Poor Wilfred. RIP.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah him dying does bring a smile to my face, but I don't think that Private Wilfred was meant to instill the face and feeling of war in us..

Hes a botched character who either needs replacing or sorting out, that voice..omg.. no defense for voice acting that bad at all

BUT if they could just place a bypass like the sewer grate or something similar then Wilfred can carry on scaring off potential new customers for all I care..
  • caith3000caith3000 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dude. I love Private Wilfred and his voice. Poor Wilfred. RIP.

I empathized with Private Wilfred's sentiment! He is the quintessential "cabin boy" on any pirate ship! LOL

He would make a cool option as a companion. :D
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah god forbids you to play 10 minutes everytime you start a character. It takes longer to manage professions every day than doing the intro.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good ol' Private Wildead, twice dead.
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have to respect someone with a gear score of 85 rushing in to fight a lich.

Wait, no you don't.

I'll just say this, the Death Forge gave me one of the most satisfying encounters in the game.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He dies at the end. Is that not enough for you? Not liking his voice just makes that scene fun instead of sad. His voice stopped bothering me once I figured he's probably depicting young soldiers who went into battle too young and often died first.

Not enough.

I mean seriously, a Lvl 1 newb rushes a Liche like Leeroy Jenkins? I cheer his death every time. Natural selection at work.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Good ol' Private Wildead, twice dead.

Once dead, and once re-dead-ed?? :rolleyes:
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At least he sounds better to me, than the fake Scots accents,
    that are used in IceSpire Peak
    I am Scottish and it is obvious, to any Scot,
    that some non Scot is doing the voices. :p

The worst part is when the dude you get the ice hammer for,
    breaks into an Aussie accent as well as Scots,
    in the same sentence. :D LMAO.

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    poor wilfred... dying multiple times daily and now this this thread as well. back to the grave with you, necro. back to the grave.
This discussion has been closed.