test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Dragon Hoard NW-DK7FW8UGP (First Neverwinter not my first Foundry)

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
While "The Dragon Hoard" is my very first Neverwinter foundry mission it is not my first Foundry mission. When I heard years ago that Cryptic was making an Online D&D mission editor I joined up. Then I found out the Foundry was already up and running on Star Trek. I really don't like Star Trek or Sci-Fi, but I practiced making missions on there.

"The Dragon Hoard" should take you 30 minutes if you read the dialog. Otherwise yes it has a lot of fighting and battles.

See you at the end of the quest!

~~~Wendy Black

PS here are my STO missions: STO Wiki
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Today one of my friends played and said there is a lack of background music. I am not sure the reason but I can't seem to add any background music on my end. So I am heading over to his house to find out how to do it. I will get some music added shortly. But keep reviewing people, I don't mind bad reviews as long as they are not stupid one liners. Go into detail of what made you not like it.

~~~Wendy Black

Added sound from another PC, for the most part the issue seems to be input related.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am now working on a movie poster for the quest. I think this is my final;

TDH_MP_scaled.png

So play the mission - then tell me how misleading this poster was for the quest. LoL
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I played with my level 60 DC. I thought this was a nice start and you can add or change just a few things to improve it.

Play through notes:

-I like that you used the Sword Coast farm map, that is a great map and isn't used much. You might consider adding some of the village buildings and other items from the details to customize it a bit.
    -It seems odd that I report to Krel that I tired to talk to the bandits but they attacked me when I didn't actually try to talk to them. Maybe you could place a dialogue with a bandit before the encounters spawn?
    - it seemed a little odd to me that I knew about Direvenal Alley since I actually don't. Maybe you could add a dialogue line in which the player asks about it?
    -the beggar giving me advice for the coins was great. He does refer to the player as male, which didn't work in my case. You may want to select a gender neutral address for him to use.
    -the "Protect Your Boots" objective was clever :)
    -I like collecting the party but running back and forth took a little longer than was enjoyable
    -it was a fun feeling leading an army
    -Authors usually prefer to have a final exit text instead of "Press F to go to next map.

If you had the time to play Rescue in the Silver Marches I would appreciate it.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for playing! Cool actual feedback.
    melinden wrote: »
    -I like that you used the Sword Coast farm map, that is a great map and isn't used much. You might consider adding some of the village buildings and other items from the details to customize it a bit.
    In Star Trek Online "The Rights of the Many", I built a village from scratch (very time consuming) especially with that editor being so primitive. In the future I will shuffle things around and make custom sets.
    -It seems odd that I report to Krel that I tired to talk to the bandits but they attacked me when I didn't actually try to talk to them. Maybe you could place a dialogue with a bandit before the encounters spawn?
    Maybe I was a bit too reserved in this area, but Krel and the village is asking for troops and as you report back to Krel after killing the nine bandits, you were under the assumption that was the whole lot. You assume that the farmers are not warriors and they are being cowards.
    - it seemed a little odd to me that I knew about Direvenal Alley since I actually don't. Maybe you could add a dialogue line in which the player asks about it?
    Maybe you rolled a 20 on your versus intelligence score. Just kidding... For a first time through on this new Foundry I kept the dialog lite. I guess I could add a branch there (player option) such as "Where is Direvenal Alley?" but all roads lead to Rome you know... especially in Foundry dialog. At least you didn't think it was from Harry Potter as one of my play testers did. :P It is actually a compound of 2 word dire and venal.
    -the beggar giving me advice for the coins was great. He does refer to the player as male, which didn't work in my case. You may want to select a gender neutral address for him to use.

Thank you, being a female author, I try so hard to spot this kind of error. I will change that to gender neutral.
    -the "Protect Your Boots" objective was clever :)
    -I like collecting the party but running back and forth took a little longer than was enjoyable
    I had planned this to be collecting everyone but then the party became over powering. This is the reason Vincent, Snaps, and Kik disappear instead.
    -it was a fun feeling leading an army
    Originally the support from the farmers was much bigger. However you could drag your force into fights and not even fight for yourself, so I had to reduce the support.
    -Authors usually prefer to have a final exit text instead of "Press F to go to next map.
    I will correct this too. I used the anvil as a exit before and it is still there. The Foundry authors chat is so very helpful (another feature not in STO). I am told that a lot of bugs exist in the Foundry but I think this one came off without issue. :D

I will play and review "Rescue in the Silver Marches", thank you for your honest response.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Playing through now.

1.) If Kosth is such a great warrior, shouldn't he at least be an adventurer fighter base encounter?

2.) I noticed you already received this feedback, but you might want to change the end transition.

Overall, it looks pretty well polished.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.