test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brazilian proxy?

tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I am Brazilian and I know that there are TONS of Brazilians playing neverwinter, I've met lots of them in-game, some in the best guilds. But sadly lots of them stopped playing Neverwinter once they realise that even min maxing their toons they can't do the best possible because of high ping due to distance.

I was wondering if there is no possibility of a South America/Brazilian proxy like there is for US/EU, so we can reduce the lag due to latency??

[off-topic]
Idk why, but after the server shut down my game is having delays like hell... usually I play with 200, and I have no problem at all... I do CN,VT flawlessly with that ping, almost no damage taken at draco, but now even with 180-220 ping my game feels like 800+ ping, the damage numbers is taking 1-2 seconds to show up, delayed animations, on draco even if I get out of the red area I'm being hit. What is happening? Right now I'm reinstalling my NW in steam to see if it gets fixed... But I don't think that just uninstalling it will fix.
Post edited by tourage16 on

Comments

• zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm having some connection issue as well. but no i'm not from brazil (same as you) this issue started to degraded since yesterday.

yes i have check my ISP. i can pretty much ping any site or stream anything without any problems. its just this game is giving me a horrible connection.
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yeah, some people also pmed me the same situation after the incident with the server these days ago... the game is unplayable for me atm
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    best thing for you to do is to check out this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?185612-Feedback-Lag-and-Rubberbanding

i do not know whether or not PWE is considering the addition of a game proxy as there have not been any official statements. what you can do is notify other players to either contribute to this thread or to contact PWE through a support ticket or by emailing them at customerservice@perfectoworld.com so they can see how much interest there is for something like this. there's no guarantee that it will do anything, but you never know. :)
  • ofederal1ofederal1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am Brazilian and I was playing neverwinter and it was when the server crashed, I connect again my level 10 ranger not appear on the list of character to start the game it happened the 23:45 schedule of Brazil, I need help how do I retrieve my character?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing is lost. The server is down, so the launcher cant see your characters. They will be there when its back up and running
  • angusx1angusx1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are 10 friends from Argentina, we play on the same guild and we know many other ppl from Argentina, Brazil, Chile and other south american countries. Its really hard to compete on pro lvls of pvp with this lag.
    The King
  • ofederal1ofederal1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    we have to stay united to stay strong thanks for replying I thought I would lose my ranger started playing only have one day. is attached a photo of the problem that has arisen game.
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    best thing for you to do is to check out this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?185612-Feedback-Lag-and-Rubberbanding

i do not know whether or not PWE is considering the addition of a game proxy as there have not been any official statements. what you can do is notify other players to either contribute to this thread or to contact PWE through a support ticket or by emailing them at customerservice@perfectoworld.com so they can see how much interest there is for something like this. there's no guarantee that it will do anything, but you never know. :)

I've already seen that post, and it's just like I said, the ping is normal, but my game is delaying and diconnecting alot, and when it disconnects it stays for a long time not letting me reconnect(other stuff like browser works fine), and I read that lots of people are having the same issue
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please be aware that although it is not formally codified into the Rules of Conduct, we require all posts to be in English so that they can be properly moderated and received by the community. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com