test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh please do something about flagging for pvp

sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Before the red zone even appears on your little map preview you have entered it. It warns you that will be flagged if you continue, but doesn't tell you that you are flagged. There is a large part of the player base that wants nothing to do with PvP and will leave if they keep getting killed by other players and not knowing they are in pvp.
Please have the area show in the map before entering so we don't accidently ride into it and give us a sure fire way of knowing we are flagged so we can high tale it out of there and get unflagged.
Post edited by sylvialynn on

Comments

• Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    We will be adjusting the volume and flagging. The placement is pretty tight at the moment from the warning to getting flagged.
  • Options
    daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Couldn't agree more. I quit the preview cause my contract quest took me into PvP areas and after dying 4 times, I had enough of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I do not like being forced into doing PvP. It's something I like to do on other toons that are geared/specced for it, but only when I want a change of pace from PvE. being forced to PvP to complete quests is dumb.
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Check your quests. There are PVP quests and PVE quests. If your quest path sent you into the pvp area you might have a pvp quest.

You can complete all PVE quests without ever going into the PVP area.
    While around the PVP area you can stick the road and cross at the bridge and not get flagged.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Is there any way to participate in player vs player open world without companions yet?
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Is there any way to participate in player vs player open world without companions yet?

1. Go to the companions tab.
    2. Select your currently summoned companion.
    3. Go to the bottom left of the window and click "Unsummon"
    4. Enjoy PvP without your companion.

lol I'm just joking, but no there is no way.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Frankly if you were going to have open world PvP it should of been it's own zone. It would eliminate all these problems.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    krinaman wrote: »
    Frankly if you were going to have open world PvP it should of been it's own zone. It would eliminate all these problems.

you are not forced to do pve in pvp zones. there are clearly marked pvp zones and if you enter those zones, a warning pops up. if you remain in those areas, you will be flagged for pvp.
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    you are not forced to do pve in pvp zones. there are clearly marked pvp zones and if you enter those zones, a warning pops up. if you remain in those areas, you will be flagged for pvp.

I haven't played it yet, but based on previous posts people are going into PvP areas when they had no intention of doing so.
  • Options
    bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ya we are not forced into pvp, but we get parts of the map locked out to us if we do not want to participate, we get content locked out, gear locked out, artifacts locked UNLESS we participate.
    ya not forced, just extremely rewarded for it.
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post wasn't about forced PvP, it's about not getting the warning in time before entering the PvP area. I tend to look at my mini map while riding from area to area and don't see the warning before the red zone appears. It also gives you no mention you are flagged so I was surprised when I got jumped and killed thinking I was safe to do PvE. A simple warning color around the edges or so would give more advance notice you are nearing the zone.