test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR End game pets? :s

johnnylololjohnnylolol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
atm i have cat,fire archon,hawk, psoudodragen or what its called and dancing blade.,

so my question is are there any better setups? and why?
Post edited by johnnylolol on

Comments

• reiromanireiromani Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I use the Neverwinter Guard companion from the Zen shop. Usually he's pretty good about keeping the scrubs off me while I get in to position for the combat advantage. Any Defender-class companion could fill the role though.
  • johnnylololjohnnylolol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dont need a tank,. kill **** before it gets to me with my cat :)
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiromani wrote: »
    I use the Neverwinter Guard companion from the Zen shop. Usually he's pretty good about keeping the scrubs off me while I get in to position for the combat advantage. Any Defender-class companion could fill the role though.

Ahhahahaa this sound very funny :D
    I want to see that how you run around the mob to get advantage ahaha...

/fun_mod_off

Now serious, best pets, are as you have Cat or Stone. Before them is Medic coz he will safe you money from potion - nothing less nothing much. If you wait for that mobs to hit your companion, to run around you etc you play really wrong. Mobs must die in few seconds out of dung, in dung you must try to not get agro.
    If you wait companion to do any dmg or something like that - L2P.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    goldheart wrote: »

/fun_mod_off

Now serious, best pets, are as you have Cat or Stone. Before them is Medic coz he will safe you money from potion - nothing less nothing much. If you wait for that mobs to hit your companion, to run around you etc you play really wrong. Mobs must die in few seconds out of dung, in dung you must try to not get agro.
    Sure thing. After all, "Mobs must die in few seconds out of dung" means that an Ioun stone works perfectly! Oh wait, what about those monsters that are literally impossible to kill in less than ten seconds? What about bosses in PvE content? And your absolutely horrendous grammar also isn't going to win you any friends.

The fact of the matter is that you aren't some master of the game. "L2P" is an insult to players that actually care about what they're doing and quite possibly are better than the dungeon Zergers that end up flopping around because they never learn how to play solo content due to always relying on a group dynamic to save them. Get your head together and shape up or get out of here.

On the original topic, as a striker, you're looking for things that'll increase your damage - the fire Archon is a good example of this, what with the active bonus of bonus 5% damage. I suggest picking up a defender though - use active bonuses for three slots, have an augment for group play in a fourth, and a defender to keep mobs off you in solo play.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Generally speaking, I tend to stick with three companions. My Fawn, my Hunting Hawk and my Stone of Radiance. I use the stone for bosses since other companions tend to die and a dead companion isn't providing any help.
  • agentorange9mmagentorange9mm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    atm i have cat,fire archon,hawk, psoudodragen or what its called and dancing blade.,

so my question is are there any better setups? and why?

Here's a list of worthwhile pet passives. I'd just cherry pick whats best for your current set up to go with your cat.

Blink Dog: +2%/3/5 combat advantage damage (so run if you use Pack)

Vicious Dire Wolf - 5% chance to interrupt your target.

Hunting Hawk - On At-will Use: Damage bonus increases as the range increases with a maximum of +7% (+10%) bonus damage at 100

Fire Archon - Increase damage against targets with less than 30% Hit Points by 5%

Sprite - +2% Action Point Gain

Sylph - +50% Control Resist

Aranea - 3% chance to have lightning strike target

Pseudodragon - 20% chance to restore some Stamina/Guard when attacking

Wild Hunt Rider - On Encounter Use: 2% chance to increase damage by 10% for 5 seconds

Wererat Thief - On Encounter Use: 3% (5%) chance to poison target

Dancing Blade - +3% Critical Severity
  • reiromanireiromani Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    goldheart wrote: »

/fun_mod_off

For one, The word is DUNGEON, DUNG is a word for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Took me almost 10 minutes to figure out what the heck you were trying to say. Had to call in my 8 year old niece for a consult and even she asked if I was being trolled by a third grader.

I have the feeling you should take your own suggestion, Strumpet. Maybe stop grouping for every piddly 10 minute quest and experience the game with out a group. It'll show you how useless that "medic"(they are called CLERICS) truly is when you do pull the threat. Your advice of "you must try to not get agro" is laughably the worst advice I have ever heard on these forums, even worse then the "don't walk off a cliff" advice about navigating Sharandar.

As for the matter at hand, I have a collection of companions and the Defender companions are the ones I have the most use for. Theykeep the threat off while allowing the more mobile ranger to flank or even route the monsters while allowing for the use of slower to cast abilities like aimed shot with out getting swarmed. Strikers(the cat) can have their uses but as a general rule I find they don't last long enough to hold threat. Augments(the stone) can also have their uses but only if you aren't trying to get any skill shots as the long casting times can and will leave you open to punishment while casting. It's all risk/reward. Minimize your risk while maximizing your reward.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Sure thing. After all, "Mobs must die in few seconds out of dung" means that an Ioun stone works perfectly!

Cannot parse. How do animal droppings have a bearing on this matter?

(Also, it does work perfectly. If you're having trouble soloing with an Ioun Stone, then you might want to re-evaluate your playstyle a lot. You have plenty of options to burst down pulls without effort in most specs, against puny non-dungeon mobs.)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since the wild hunter rider is on sale I was thinking on giving one of them a roll. Plus they look perfect alongside a HR.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On epic dungeons I stick with the cat, but otherwise the phase spider is really growing on me. At rank 30, with level 7 enchantments and extra T2 gear I got from dungeons, he can take any single redcap single-handed (even Giantsouls) and can handle multiple weaker ones. If I need a redcap tied up until I can get to it, he can do it (except for Powries, they always go for your AP so you have to kill them first).

(and they're a lot of fun...the redcaps below are all doomed, though they don't yet know it)

http://i59.tinypic.com/143j7ls.jpg

Even the Witherers' spells won't save them...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2gv3146.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/axcoid.jpg
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2wdcxex.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/f27nn6.jpg

A Powrie, though, won't ignore you unless she's far away when the spider decides to eat her.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2je7m6r.jpg

Giantsouls is good eatin'...

http://i59.tinypic.com/23h69l3.jpg
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured