test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So yea,the network issue..

idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So Cryptic u fixed the network issue you were experiencing thats all fine and what not but how about those of us(me.) that had this issue idk..10 hrs before you brought the servers down?My client has not established any form of connection to either the patch or login servers for 2 days now and no amount of router reseting or reinstalling(well ATTEMPTED reinstalling) has fixed it.

Arc client-hangs untill time out trying to log me in..untill it doesn't.When it does log in it downloads the NW essentials at max speed(btw did i mention that my connection has been perfectly stable? yea.) only to permanently hang at initializing the game.

Game launcher-hangs on autoupdater or loads half of the launcher(all the links to sales/cta that all actually work) untill i press options which instantly crashes it or it times out from failing to load the rest of it.

I was thinking of calling my ISP assuming it was something on my end but what am i going to say to them? *Yaknow net is working fine,i mean i'm downloading at max speed,streams videos online games and platforms all run smooth...there's just this one game and this one platform by this one company that completely refuses to work so it's probably your fault fix your **** *

I felt like ranting because this is just dumb.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's funny but I'm experiencing the same **** issue since the PvP patch. All games are fine but NWO is just...unbearable :(
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i understand your grief, however without some detailed information, there is no way that anyone from the community can assist you. in order to acquire official PWE technical support, you have the option of creating a technical support ticket here:

https://support.arcgames.com/app/ask

from what i've gleaned from your message, you do have a viable internet connection but ARC itself and/or the game doesn't connect. were you able to connect before two days ago? have you installed any software or made any hardware changes? are you in the US or overseas? have you done any trace route testing to the patch server? what kind of system are you using (is it a laptop/desktop, how much RAM, what kind of CPU/GPU)? what software is running in the background when you're trying to run the launcher or ARC? can you provide screenshots?

since tech support doesn't generally read and or respond to support posts on our forums, you may provide these details for the community to try to assist you. your other options are to check out the support knowledge base on http://support.arcgames.com, review the read-only tech support forums or you may file a technical support ticket as mentioned previously.

if there is any way for us to help you, we will.
  • idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP patch was working perfectly fine for me 2 days ago.I've had launcher issues before where it would refuse to load the **** thing but a simple reinstall would instantly fix it and let me quickly repatch the game and go back to playing.Now it's almost impossible to even go through Autoupdater not that it matters since it always black screens and times out after that anyway.
  • iavoraniavoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in the same boat, you are not alone!
    I've created technical support ticket, but with all the tickets from during the outage we might have to wait a while. In order not to hijack your thread I'm making my own at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?636301-Network-issues&p=7571031#post7571031
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -2 when loading url /launcher_login

This, or Error 118 is what I get every time I try to connect. That is since yesterday. What rly sucks is that is happening during the weekend when I actually have time to play *sigh*
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited March 2014
    iavoran wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, you are not alone!
    I've created technical support ticket, but with all the tickets from during the outage we might have to wait a while. In order not to hijack your thread I'm making my own at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?636301-Network-issues&p=7571031#post7571031

I read your thread and it's pretty much the same thing i'm getting in terms of errors.Tracert stops at around 16-17 hops for me with the first 10 being consistent while the rest are all over the place(usually time outs,same thing with nettest-random and mostly timeouts)I called my ISP over they checked everything out and couldn't find any issues on my end besides maybe a virus causing some problems which judging by other people experiencing this issue certainly isn't the problem(running 2 full system scans just in case but i doubt that will help).A neighbour of mine who is on a different ISP has no issues with connecting.

Haven't done any software or hardware changes so it's most definately an issue on Cryptic's end that doesn't affect everyone-even gateway loading for me is completely random it can load instantly or time out once i actually log in i can let it sit there for an hr and it won't disconnect.
    edited March 2014
    I guess, that you should send a tech support ticket too. I did so by following : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?620951-info-getting-the-most-out-of-the-bug-reports-forum, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161081-Pro-Tips-on-Diagnosing-Lag-and-Rubberbanding, some additional treads from the tech support knowedge base, and attached all the necessary information I could gather (logs traces, etc.)
    edited March 2014
    iavoran wrote: »
    I guess, that you should send a tech support ticket too. I did so by following : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?620951-info-getting-the-most-out-of-the-bug-reports-forum, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161081-Pro-Tips-on-Diagnosing-Lag-and-Rubberbanding, some additional treads from the tech support knowedge base, and attached all the necessary information I could gather (logs traces, etc.)

I'm not at all interested in bothering with tech support by the time they manage to give me a useable answer i would have probably uninstalled the game 10 times.I'll just try logging in at random intervals for a few days if it doesn't work i'm gone.
  • trav625trav625 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There should have been a revert for such a long outage, because of the outage I lost all of my celestial coins.
    edited March 2014
    I highly doubt that the devs frequently visit this forum. If you experience similar mishaps go and file a tech support ticket.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fill a support ticket...fill a support ticket...RLY??? Like that's not something an exp'd player would do if he/she started experiencing this kind off bull****.
    Forums is the place where we leave our feedback and let others know they are not alone experiencing an issue. It drives me mad when I have the problem and ISP with the game support start to pass the buck to each other as I am not a pro in all this internet stuff.

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Fill a support ticket...fill a support ticket...RLY??? Like that's not something an exp'd player would do if he/she started experiencing this kind off bull****.
    Forums is the place where we leave our feedback and let others know they are not alone experiencing an issue. It drives me mad when I have the problem and ISP with the game support start to pass the buck to each other as I am not a pro in all this internet stuff.

As if support would help you on a weekend. Being unable to play isnt really an issue, being told everything is fine on the official Neverwinter facebook page while clearly it's not fine is an issue, at least for me. Guess I'll be doing all my 'catchin up' next weekend.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.