test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the heck actually comes in the Hunters Pack on the Zen Market?

gryphengryphen Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The tooltip is irresponsibly vague. Is the pack intended to include a full set of gear, partial, random pieces...? What level items, how do they scale, should I wait till 60 to buy the pack or is it truly intended for a leveling character?

I purchased the pack the other day, what I got was a hood, neck, blade, bow and hawk ... that's it. No adventure pack, 24 slot bag, no other armor or accessories. Am I missing something or is this really what I paid $35 for? Further, the armor appears static, not changing with level. So as a lvl 5 (I think) when I opened the pack, the items are already irrelevant after 10 levels. Now at 20, I am finding major replacements.

I've tried to google more info, but I keep getting forcibly redirected by this garage called ARC...

Sorry, a bit miffed with this game already. Friday down times and getting ripped off sucks.

Comments

• amazue70amazue70 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The bag and adventure pack you get from the promo npc, in protector's enclave, to left of the upper middle area.

Other than that...yeah, the gear is best for when you're low level.
  • airsykoairsyko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Every character can claim the hood, cloak, and HR weapons. They can all be used right away, since they don't have a level requirement, (this is actually pretty great as you don't typically get headgear until level 20). Obviously, only a HR can use the HR weapons, though. Each character can also claim the hawk companion. You also get a XP booster and 1 greater bag of holding, IIRC. The bag and starter kit/XP booster must be claimed from the rewards claims agent, and can only be claimed on 1 character.

Also note that the weapon has a Greycloak enchantment in it, which can be unslotted if you like - it is considered "unique" so you can only have 1 uslotted in your inventory at a time. I do not think you can refine it, either.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You get nothing of any value that is worth real world money in any of the packs. It's only free to play if you farm AD, which can be slow and tedious, but works. They make their money from mugs buying the non-essential extras.

Some friends and I did make a one-off contribution of £50 for some Zen after a few weeks of playing as we thought the game was worth it and to support the developers etc. The first thing I bought with Zen were new character slots and some repec tokens for later on.

You can get some useful stuff from Rusted Boxes etc with keys you buy for Zen, but anything Blue or Purple gets auctioned off. I think keys are the only thing you cannot get for AD.

I got more than 3,000,000 AD for a Thayan Book of the Dead, which I did not want anyway as it was necromantic and did not fit my Priestess of Amaunator. I could then buy 4 Greater Bags of Holding for around 240,000 AD each at the Auction House and still have 2,000,000 left. Prices do fluctuate wildly, so choose your time well. I also got a few Mulhorand items from Rusted boxes. They do not drop any more, but you can get them for not a huge amount of AD.

With the new character slots, as soon as they hit level 5 after the Crown of Neverwinter, take them to Blacklake and spam the Skirmish event. You can easily get 14,000 AD in an hour. I do nothing else with them until they are level 15, then spam the Orc Assault skirmish until level 22, which usually gets 8 to 12k AD in an hour. I transfer the AD to my main character.

But I do think you should have got more than that in the Ranger pack. Scrolls, potions, AD etc. Mulhorand items DO scale with level, so you'd have been better off with keys for locked boxes. At least if you got any Planar Idols you could get some AD and get a bargain on a longbow, sword and cloak that leveled with you. I did. I have 2 clerics, a Ranger, a Guardian and a Rogue, and 3 vacant character slots.

I would REALLY like a white Unicorn for my Priestess; but at $59.99 for the Knights of the Feywild pack, forget about it.

~

PS I completely agree with you about being re-directed to Arc,. It's a Total PITA.