test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA time extension due to server shutdown...

blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi Guys.

Good work on trying to get the servers back online, and I wish you luck..

In terms of the current CTA. Could the time be extended to make up for not being able to do this due to the current server downtime?

Cheers

Blue
Post edited by blueknight on

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't skirmishes work the same as Delves? Please? I never really understood why they don't.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't usually expect a request such as this to gain much traction, but in this case I think it is a reasonable suggestion and completely appropriate.

This was not a brief server shutdown, this has been a major issue across many (if not all) PWE games, and it is now infringing on a time that many people will be attempting to log on for weekend play time. An extension of the event for 1 additional day is a reasonable request IMO. Hopefully the devs will agree.

Edit: Please do not get me wrong, I understand that bad things happen, I am not complaining about the shut down. It is obviously a serious bug/equipment failure and only hindsight will tell them if it could have been avoided. I just hope that a 1 day extension is something that the devs will consider appropriate recompense. (And I will not even be able to take advantage of the proposed extra day, got too much work to do next week, lol)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi

Two things I would like to know.

1) Is the CTA going to be extended due to neverwinter being down? This is a time limited event that we are loosing out on due to neverwinter being down.

2)) Is invoking going to be taken into consideration? I have a number of toons that were at 5/7 6/7 4/7. Is the invoking going to be reset to zero or can they all as a matter of good faith be set to 7/7 when I next login?

cheers

blue
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CTA has been extended by a day. It was announced alittle while back.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1) Yes, they are extending the CTA event: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7550901&viewfull=1#post7550901

2) It is unlikely that they are going to do anything about the invocation timers...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    good news about the CTA.

Just wonder how many other people are at 7/7 or where ever they want there invoking to be and are going to be set back to zero. Be a nice touch if they could do something on this.....
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    blueknight wrote: »
    good news about the CTA.

Just wonder how many other people are at 7/7 or where ever they want there invoking to be and are going to be set back to zero. Be a nice touch if they could do something on this.....

Don't worry about it. Your chances that you could have gotten a C Ward are quite slim anyway.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why is anyone at 7/7? Shouldn't you ... I dunno ... spend your coins as soon as you hit max?

As for myself, I only ever use the coins for Sharandar Treasures so it's not a big deal - and I collected them yesterday~
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Problem:
    CTA are almost always 4 days long. Almost always weekends. Some of us don't get weekends off! Some of us don't have days, nights, or graveyard free for play time.

Some of us (like me) have varied shift changes. Some (like me) have 4 on 2 off. Some (like me) don't have a traditional straight 8 hr shift, some work 10, 12 etc. So in a 6 week cycle I might be lucky and get a weekend off, but more likely am some were in the middle of the week is more likely.

The only CTA I've actually got to enjoy (other than the Christmas one since it ran 2+weeks) is the Pit fight one, it actual fell right on my weekend..it was great. But all others since I've go very little experience of them.

Suggested solution:
    Make CTA a actual full week long. Each month when CTA time rolls around, rather a measly 4 days make it a full 7 days, this would allow those of us not lucky enough to have the exact 4 days off of a current CTA, be able to experience it to it's full glory on those additional 3 days. Somewere in those 7 days everyone has a decent chance to try it ouy.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We're extending it until Tuesday, 3/25, due to the current downtime.
  • Options
    rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    depending on how long it will be down. will there be an extension for invoking and completing dailies.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    blueknight wrote: »
    good news about the CTA.

The drop chance of the only item that counts is that low that 0/7 or 7/7 doesn't really matter - you won't get it anyway :)
    So relax about it - I stopped invoking the day peridot / aquamarine was added to the table

CTA ... what is that ? oh the skirmish giving you some 30k ad companions and a transformation for your weapon ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think i am going to head over to sto forums and see who the biggest whiners are us or them hehe.