test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do this patches ever end?!

devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Yesterday, I had 4 patches, today i'm having 1 patch...

Really, ik neverwinter has to implement things, but around 10 patches a day is annoying!

And since my pc isn't the best one, I have to wait like 15 minutes just to patch this --"
Post edited by devildevil21 on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On the patching window click on options and disable on demand patching then close the window and reopen the client and log in as usual , you will probably get a large download but after that you will only ever get a patch once a week on Thursday ,if the issue isn't the on demand patching then I have no idea what it could be because the rest of us only get one patch a week on Thursday.

Choose CW it is awesome :P
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have more than one question, please keep them in separate threads. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    They should rename it from Neverwinter into Neverfullypatched.

Seriously though, when your PC is not the best then you already know where the problem is coming from. Do what others have done and disable the on-demand patching. It will take a while to download the whole set of patches (i.e. 4GB of download), but then you will never see the on-demand patching again. What you do get, after the initial long patch, are frequent but short periods of patching at start up.

Do not forget to defragment your hard disk once in a while. I recommend MyDefrag 4.3.1 for that.
    Stay frosty.
  • devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fgreyspear wrote: »

Seriously though, when your PC is not the best then you already know where the problem is coming from. Do what others have done and disable the on-demand patching. It will take a while to download the whole set of patches (i.e. 4GB of download), but then you will never see the on-demand patching again. What you do get, after the initial long patch, are frequent but short periods of patching at start up.

Do not forget to defragment your hard disk once in a while. I recommend MyDefrag 4.3.1 for that.

Ty for suggestion, but right now I can't do anithing because my game crashed and i'm getting "attemptings" to launch the neverwinter.exe... <.<

Edit: Right now I was able to enter neverwinter launcher, but it keept "patching..." and than I restarted launcher and it's "trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 4 times".

I've never had SO MUCH issues in a game. NEVER ._.
    edited March 2014
    Ty for suggestion, but right now I can't do anithing because my game crashed and i'm getting "attemptings" to launch the neverwinter.exe... <.<

Edit: Right now I was able to enter neverwinter launcher, but it keept "patching..." and than I restarted launcher and it's "trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 4 times".

I've never had SO MUCH issues in a game. NEVER ._.

Don't worry. That's because the game itself crashed and we all are unable to connect. We all get this "Trying to update the launcher..." box at the moment. Just be patient. Your problems have collided with a server crash and makes it understandably very frustrating.

Game crashes are however rare. I have seen only a single client crash in like 4 weeks and maybe 2 server crashes so far.
    Stay frosty.
  • devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't worry. That's because the game itself crashed and we all are unable to connect. We all get this "Trying to update the launcher..." box at the moment. Just be patient. Your problems have collided with a server crash and makes it understandably very frustrating.

Game crashes are however rare. I have seen only a single client crash in like 4 weeks and maybe 2 server crashes so far.

For me it's the second time in 2 days... <.<

Or I am unlucky, or... idk ._.

And 1 question: I decided to use control wizard, and right now I've been having much success with it, but may you give me some advice's on using control wizard properly in PVP and PVE? :o
    edited March 2014
    For me it's the second time in 2 days... <.<

Or I am unlucky, or... idk ._.

And 1 question: I decided to use control wizard, and right now I've been having much success with it, but may you give me some advice's on using control wizard properly in PVP and PVE? :o

One thing I have learned in Neverwinter and that I did not know from other games was the need to push or pull things around.

One learns quickly the meaning of damage over tanking from others games, meaning, the faster you kill the less you have to tank. In Neverwinter can one kill opponents and even some minor bosses by simply kicking or pushing them over the edge of a cliff.

So you should aim to have skills for applying high damage to a single target, for apply damage to an area (AoE damage) as well as at least one skill to move mobs (and players) around.
    Stay frosty.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not sure about the patching issues.. I only get patches when they announce them -- though it does patch when I go to an instance I haven't gone to in a while. I actually prefer it that way. But... don't defrag your hard drive if you have a solid state drive. That can cause serious damage to your drive because of the way SSD technology works. Not the venue to explain it here, but feel free to research. Just wanted to mention it though since defraging can cause an SSD to perform worse rather than better no matter how fragmented it is.