test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request for switchable power bar and secondary gear set

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Since PVP now has its own gear set with tenacity and a number of players that play this game do BOTH PVP and PVE then it would extremely nice if the developers would cater to the largest members of the community by programming in a switchable power bar that can hold power setups for some certain scenarios and by giving us a secondary gear character sheet similar to the fashion set. For example have either a hot key or mouse click option that allows you to change from the current power bar to a second one that you can fill with powers. The idea and use of this is to have quick switches of powers/class skills for use in say boss fights or to quickly switch to a PVP skill set.

The secondary gear set would allow players who have PVE gear to click a button and be ready to PVP without wasting inventory space and time on carrying around a second PVP set to switch into.

This will ease the frustration of sitting around waiting in say a PVP queue while doing daily quests or the like and having to spend time trying to figure out which powers to switch to before a PVP match actually starts after getting pulled in. Some people might not have issues with this at all many others probably do. This also saves time by not holding up a party while you change out powers for a boss fight in a dungeon.

These are reasonable requests given the changes made for PVP and I think the vast majority of people should agree with this. Many other games already have similar set ups. Even if the secondary gear set is locked to only holding gear with tenacity scores I think this would be agreeable with people. If you want to make money off it, then sell it as a zen service i'm sure people would buy it. Same for the tool bar, even if it has a 10 second cool down to prevent it from being switched during the middle of a fight, even a 5 second cool down might prevent such abuse.

Please if you feel the same way about this feature being added to the game PLEASE comment, thumbs up, bump whatever it takes to get developers to notice this is a feature the community wants and needs.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• Options
    aerotraerotr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Many topics about this subject, I hope they do something about it. I do not understand why they dont implement this already proven features into this game.
  • Options
    jddouglas83jddouglas83 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would really appreciate this oft used feature from other MMO's as well. Though not only for PvE to PvP switching, as I switch what I use on power from getting through dungeons to boss fights and back again all too often.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suggested this about four months ago. Would love to see it happen.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great idea! Sign me up.

+1
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    People have been asking for this since forever, and with the recent changes to pvp I'm really baffled why it hasn't been implemented already. A dual spec would also be awesome as I know a lot of us do both pve and pvp. Having to roll two of the same class because of how clunky it is to go back and forth between the two seems ridiculous. Yet, I know a handful of people who do just that because of the lack of a dual spec. I myself have also considered rolling another of my class just for pvp, but the thought of running through the dailies again is a huge put off.