test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA Transmute Items bind question

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
CTA Transmute Items BIND ON PICKUP???

Why is this? None of the other CTA's were configured this way? Can we please get some consistency from the Devs?
Not being offensive. Just want some consistency.
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CTA transmutes were always BoP.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why is this? None of the other CTA's were configured this way? Can we please get some consistency from the Devs?

That is where you are wrong. They have been BoP since at least the summer festival. Don't remember prior to that. However since the introduction of the medallion since they are now bound to account, not bound to character. That is the same with this event.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are BoA when you purchase them. I thought it was going to be stuck on my one toon, but when I purchased it I saw that the weapon transmutes are available to all toons on your account.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah ok.. my bad. I will try it. Others in zone were thinking the same (bind on pickup <<not account>>). I didn't want to take the chance and blow the medallions only to be stuck with items I couldn't use on that toon.

Thanks!
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah ok.. my bad. I will try it. Others in zone were thinking the same (bind on pickup <<not account>>). I didn't want to take the chance and blow the medallions only to be stuck with items I couldn't use on that toon.

Thanks!

Because until you bind the item to you (by picking it up or equipping it) it won't tell you whether it binds to character or to account. Hopefully in the future, they will change the tooltips to properly reflect that.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    as stated, CTA transmutes are BoP (bind on pickup) but they are BtA (bound to account) so you can grind for battle medallions with your main and purchase transmutes for your alts, however you cannot trade or sell these items on the AH.

to send account bound items to your other characters on your account, you would do that using the courier or the mailboxes in-game, sending mail to your @account.

to avoid further confusion, we're going to close this thread.
    as always, if you have questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.