test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still no weapon set bonus on Profound gear?

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
I got on the PTR today to double check everything before it hits live tomorrow and noticed the weapon damage on profound gear was increased slightly. KUDOS! and many thanks there!

I still dont understand why either:

A) Weapons dont count as set bonus

- or -

B) Weapons have their own set bonus.

I am fine with the T2 weapons not having a set bonus as they are a sub par weapon set, however not having set bonus on the weapons really kills this as an option for many classes....

Honestly id rather see the weapons count towards the 4pc PVP set bonus, rather than have their own (opens up ALOT more gear choices)

But I could go either way. I would love to replace my Formorian sets on both characters but even with the increase in weapon dmg from the old set, I still lose some damage and ALOT of stats.

GWF - 450 critical (about 1.3% crit)
GF - 450 defense (about 1.1% DR)

Is it a small thing? Yes, but for the best pvp weapon offered, I dont get why It doesnt have more comparable stats...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But the weapons do add Tenacity.

Figure this will lead to people swapping weapons like golf clubs between PvE and PvP
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    But the weapons do add Tenacity.

Figure this will lead to people swapping weapons like golf clubs between PvE and PvP

When you already have 4pc from gear at over 700 tenacity weapons dont add a ton. The tenacity sacrifice should come at a loss of stats and damage not necessarily set bonus as thats IMO over the top.

THe only two classes I could see using them are GF and CW

Since GF set bonus is defense - not a big deal
    and CW set bonus is recovery - again not a big deal.

for most other classes its alot of offensive stats like crit/arp, for instance my GWF wont be swapping to profound gear at all OR the weapons because they arent good.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would really like a dev response on this topic

1) should I be expecting a bonus?
    2) If not, why? There is already a reduction in stats to make way for tenacity. No set bonus doesn't make sense. The profound weapon set is more expensive than any other pvp pieces in terms of both glory and seals. Why even bother to implement them if your not going to give a set bonus, nobody will use them.

They should be the pvp equivalent of CN weapons. TBH, CN weapons are easier to get and also cheap these days to buy from the ah. So why make the profound weapons so inferior?
    the loss of 450 in stats is unacceptable. As it stands any weapon set with a bonus is better than the profound set