test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shard of the Endless Avalanche - revisited

pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

Other than the usual Shard bugs (disappear on stun, glitch on terrain, interference with other spells making it useless), the spell also bugs out when there are more than 1 CW in a party that use Shard at the same time.

What happens is that basically one CW is able to "push" both his own Shard and the other CW's shard. This is most visible in PvP with shard on Mastery.

This almost always leads to hilarious results and huge spikes of damage, yet if the CW is kinda "meh" at directing shard where it needs to go, you will end up with a wasted spell.

Please take a look in to this. I feel SotEA might be the buggiest spell in this whole game...

Yet another bug/replication:

- PvP, Shard/Mastery
- 2 enemies one near the other, you drop shard on their heads, it will immediately explode
- after shard explosion, you will still have the shard push reticule, just in a grayed-out mode; this is pretty much blocking at-wills as far as I can tell, and you need to press Esc to return to normal mode/get rid of reticule.
Post edited by pers3phone on

Comments

• Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agree. This needs a fix.

Also whats up with the shard not hitting anything half of the time?

Everyday I see my shard just go right through 3-5 people several times without exploding. Even happens in PvE without a HR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    olegsanderolegsander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This has been reported many times already, and never recieved an answer from the devs. I think this issue will be ignored. On a related note, a normal, non-mastery shard will be controlled just the same by a TRUE MASTER (lol) of the shard. Can be used for interesting combos when playing in duo with a CW friend, saving the 2nd one from the need to run shard on mastery.

Edit: just found my own thread dating from september 2013, 6 monthes ago!
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?494961-Shard-of-the-Avalanche

which contains a link to another thread from july 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423971-Shard-of-the-Avalanche-being-CC-d-causes-spell-effect-to-disappear&p=5370411&viewfull=1#post5370411
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for bringing this up.
    Will get the ball rolling on getting that fixed. :)

But yeah, honnestly, I've started having doubts about this skill being ever fixed.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: bug reports are definitely appreciated by the dev team, however devs don't usually reply to these threads as they also don't send replies to in-game bug reports. most of the time, they will only reply if they need more information. when you submit a bug report here, it is logged as a work ticket and the issue needs to be replicated, isolated, fixed and tested. before any of that happens, though, the work ticket is prioritized. this may be based on how many reports of an issue is received. major issues, as we have seen, can push emergency maintenance.

so when lordgallen made his comment ten months ago, whether the issue has or has not been addressed based on the initial internal ticket is unknown.

the purpose of this note is not to discourage, but to set appropriate expectations.

please refer to this post for more information about the bug reports forum:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?620951-info-bug-reports-forum-%28what-is-this-for-%29

do not reply to this moderation note as doing so is a violation of the forum rules of conduct. send a PM instead if you would like to discuss it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    SM GWF can bug shard with Crescendo and Flourish (I think).

Dunno about other skills.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No spell is weirder than shard. Sometimes i push it won't push, lag is weird, it hits sometimes, it passes sometimes, some spell interfere with it, etc... its' a mess, but it's too big of damage and prone to not use.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Anyway, adding yet another bug/replication:

- PvP, Shard/Mastery
    - 2 enemies one near the other, you drop shard on their heads, it will immediately explode
    - after shard explosion, you will still have the shard push reticule, just in a grayed-out mode; this is pretty much blocking at-wills as far as I can tell, and you need to press Esc to return to normal mode/get rid of reticule.
  • Options
    olegsanderolegsander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ima add one more, that happens to me quite often in pvp. Summoning the shard on mastery too close to a wall or pillar often gets the ball stuck in said wall / pillar. To be completely honnest, this annoys me even more than the shard disappearing.