test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underhanded tactics it's apparently bugged.

larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Thieves' Den
After 3 hours of test here the result:

http://postimg.org/image/alphli3e7/

It's incredible, the most used Feat in any pve / pvp build it's bugged. So if any GM check this post, please investigate.
Post edited by larzynt on

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol, Underhanded Tactics is not the most used feat in any build, in fact, any decent build does not have it because it's multiplicative, not additive. Therefore, it is not bugged.
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok so did you use it while in stealth? If you read the description of combat advantage it says that its obtained while in stealth. So simply walking up to a mob or monster and not being stealthed will show NO difference.

Now you have me concerned. I always take that feat as well.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @xcessiveforce40
    First test was with stealth, which gives Combat Advantage.
    Second test with a companion that was tanking the mob, so I had Combat advantage.
    I guess you doesnt know the mean of Flank word. In that case I will suggest you to re-open that link, check again values and test yourself on preview server.
    Thanks for this depth answer. I guess you tested a lot before to randomly typing.

@ralexnior
    It can be moltiplicative or addictive, don't really care. As you can see 1200 hits without feat deals same damage so imho it's a broken feat.
    It's very used as feat, since 20% bonus more it's kinda good. If you don't use it because you don't like it, doesnt mean that everyone is nub such you. <3
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didnt do such tests by myslef but after switch from permastealth to pve build with this feat i didnt feel any difference so i hope this will get fixed also if u could check if blinkdog active bonus +5% CA also works since i dont really know how to make such tests, thx in advance
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While it does look like it's not affecting the damage at all, Underhanded Tactics is NOT a straight 20% damage increase, it is more like 1-3% depending on your CHA. 23 CHA would give you 15% * 1.13 = 16.95, which you then add UT onto, 16.95 * 1.2 = 20.34, so overall with both CHA and UT, your CA damage is 20.34% * normal damage, which you are correct in saying that it's not working properly. There the question remains - one of the only other reasons this test would show up like this would be if you weren't doing CA correctly, which isn't very likely. I suggest posting in the bug forums, not here.

Also, any decent PvP build does not have this feat. Dazzling Blades, the SE feat, Critical Teamwork, Brutal Backstab, Overrun Critical from Executioner tree, and either Speed Swindle or Cunning Stalker and Nimble Dodge from Saboteur. Only reason this feat would be taken is a true permastealth B&S build, which isn't that common anyway. If you're running UT in a permaITC, glass cannon or "combat TR" build, it's pretty useless because the damage is negligible. Although, it may be viable in a combat TR build due to high CHA. But as I said above, cha + UT is only a 5% CA damage increase.

A PvE build may have this feat depending on the spec - generally I'd take Cunning Stalker over UT, but some people may like UT better. Also STR is better for damage than CHA in PvE, so CS > UT as you won't have much CHA anyway. Let's say you rolled 10 CHA at the beginning, when you hit 60 with campfire buff it'll be 13, so with UT, CA damage is 15 * 1.03 * 1.2 = 18.54%, which is a 3.54% damage increase on top of the default 15% CA damage. So yeah, not really worth it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thanks ralexinor for explaining me how Underhanded Tactics works. Uneeded since I already knew. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I use it for Action Point gain, not damage.
    IMHO
    It is not bugged.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere