test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does appearance change allow you to change your race?

berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
question is in title.
Post edited by berserkrage99 on

Comments

• vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, only the hair, eyes, body etc.

Gender and race are locked.
    signature-lili.png
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nope , just how you look , I used one earlier with them being on sale , race change or gender change tokens would sell like hot cakes xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, currently there is no way to change your race. Maybe one day....
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What happens if you click on the appearance NPC and press cancel? Do you lose your token...?
    edited March 2014
    I think you have to go through and save changes for the token to be consumed. I bought a token, but when I tried to use it, it seemed like it was going to force me to reselect every setting, rather than just letting me modify the skin tone and change the hair on my CW, leaving all other settings intact. Plus the preview was completely off the screen for some reason and I couldn't get it to square up. So I have the token, and I'm still stuck with the Don King haircut. lol
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think you have to go through and save changes for the token to be consumed. I bought a token, but when I tried to use it, it seemed like it was going to force me to reselect every setting, rather than just letting me modify the skin tone and change the hair on my CW, leaving all other settings intact. Plus the preview was completely off the screen for some reason and I couldn't get it to square up. So I have the token, and I'm still stuck with the Don King haircut. lol

That seems to be a bug. Ive seen it often. The very first time you load up the interface it seems to hit you with a random all. Just exit and hit it again and youll see yourself as normal. Its much easier to make minor changes this way.

The token wont get used until you actually hit save.
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, SockMunkey. I'll give it another go.
    edited March 2014
    Paranoid that I got ripped off again.

Could you even bring up that menu if you didn't have a token?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That seems to be a bug. Ive seen it often. The very first time you load up the interface it seems to hit you with a random all. Just exit and hit it again and youll see yourself as normal. Its much easier to make minor changes this way.

The token wont get used until you actually hit save.
    Can you tell me if you get to modify your existing character (as chaoscourtesan wanted) or if you have to start from scratch? It would be worth it to me to be able to change hair styles (my main's big fuzzy hair clips through the collar on her Illithid robes) but not so much to have recreate her from scratch and risk messing up something.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Can you tell me if you get to modify your existing character (as chaoscourtesan wanted) or if you have to start from scratch? It would be worth it to me to be able to change hair styles (my main's big fuzzy hair clips through the collar on her Illithid robes) but not so much to have recreate her from scratch and risk messing up something.

I added freckles to my readheaded GWF few weeks ago, it dind't reset my settings.
    signature-lili.png
    edited March 2014
    I just did it, was able to view the preview correctly, and did not have to start from scratch.

The whole time, there was an apply changes button. When I clicked it, there was a confirmation 'Are you sure you want to apply changes and use your change appearance token?'

I talked to her afterward, and there was a button at the bottom to buy a token. If you don't have that, it will be how you know if you have one.
    edited March 2014
    Ok, thanks everyone.
    edited March 2014
    Ok, another question. Can you pile up multiple tokens?
  • teoden10teoden10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where to start (and how) with making a character?I need help with that as well...
    edited March 2014
    I changed my main char's hair this morning and tweaked her face a bit while there. The first time I clicked on the Alteration mage, it showed a default tiefling. I backed out and tried again and it showed my actual character, allowing me to make the changes. Since it showed my actual robes, picking a hairstyle that gave the same overall impression without clipping through the collar wasn't hard.

ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Ok, another question. Can you pile up multiple tokens?
    I can't answer that, but there really isn't any need to have more than one since they're purchasable in alteration window and are quite probably character bound like the respec tokens are.

teoden10 wrote: »
    Where to start (and how) with making a character?I need help with that as well...
    As in first time player? The best thing to do would be to look at builds for the character class or classes you're interested in and then decide what stats to prioritize. Then just load up the game and go from there. The only thing they really don't tell you is what your stat choices mean, which is why it's best to know before hand which stats should be highest before you start making the character. With my latest, a ranger, I just alt tabbed to the wiki while in the character creation menu.