Install Arc

3 GWF vs Dracolich

erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
we wanted to challenge ourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Uz6LL2spU

some notes:
-I have to respec and change gears specifically just for this fight
-We tried P.Vorpal + Greater Plaguefire + P.Terror and we failed so hard because the mobs weren't dying fast enough, so we just went with 3 P.Vorpals for maximum burst and Deep Gash
-It took us 9 attempts to finish this
-If Wicked Strike doesn't rubberband your character, this fight will be a lot easier (fix pls :P)

I hope there will be modes for PvE in the future wherein you can adjust the difficulty or finish with a handicapped condition and in turn get a better reward.
Enjoy the video!
Post edited by erikiki1 on

Comments

• froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    You want the option to adjust difficulty, yet you rolled into CN with 3 unbalanced GWF's? lol

Using GWF at this point is like using a perma stealth TR, it's an exploit of poor game design.

The difficulty option you seek is called "not using cheap party compositions to exploit the game"

This goes for PvP even more of course. The amount of 2+ GWF/perma parties you run into in PvP is nothing short of the beginning death of this game.

For PvP they just keep nerfing CW and buffing everything else. A few months ago GWF knew their place in this game, now they think that they have become good or something? A decked out GWF can now compete with a Control Wizard for damage in PvE, and 2 months ago they couldn't get half the damage in PvE. We might have to start thinking of some new names for the classes? Great Control Fighter and Nerfed Wizard, does that sound good?
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Nice to see that for the gwfs, at least there remains the PvE.
    English is not my first language.
  • ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    You want the option to adjust difficulty, yet you rolled into CN with 3 unbalanced GWF's? lol

Using GWF at this point is like using a perma stealth TR, it's an exploit of poor game design.

The difficulty option you seek is called "not using cheap party compositions to exploit the game"

This goes for PvP even more of course. The amount of 2+ GWF/perma parties you run into in PvP is nothing short of the beginning death of this game.

For PvP they just keep nerfing CW and buffing everything else. A few months ago GWF knew their place in this game, now they think that they have become good or something? A decked out GWF can now compete with a Control Wizard for damage in PvE, and 2 months ago they couldn't get half the damage in PvE. We might have to start thinking of some new names for the classes? Great Control Fighter and Nerfed Wizard, does that sound good?
    From that stream of QQ, I judge your main is CW. CWs doing 10-20xtimes more damage in PvE then my offensive TR are those "Nerfed Wizards"? Sounds more like "Nuclear Wizards" than "Control Wizards" to me.
    IMHO in PvE GWFs SHOULD top multiple mob fights, TR/HR top boss/elite fights and CW should be in the middle of dps.

Funny thing, what if we get a Warlock class in the future?
    Dungeon damage charts:
    Warlock 1 - 100 milions damage
    Warlock 2 - 95 milions damage
    CW 1 - 25 milions damage
    CW 2 - 15 milions damage
    GWF - 8 milions damage

HRs and TRs are slaying each other in PVP.

DCs and GFs have ragequited the game.
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Let me guess - you are a CW player or sycophant?

Because I didn't see you posting anything like this when 3 CWs recently did a full clear. This fight is regularly done by 3 CW teams - in fact I think this has been done by 2 CWs before. Now we see the first (AFAIK) time this is done, with great difficulty, by three of another class, and somehow that class is OP according to you?

A few months ago GWF knew their place in this game, now they think that they have become good or something? A decked out GWF can now compete with a Control Wizard for damage in PvE, and 2 months ago they couldn't get half the damage in PvE.

Wait what - you are saying that because for the first time another class has almost the same damage as a CW, that class must be put into their place?

Please at least try to appear somewhat objective.

P.s. For the record I feel that CWs, and to a lesser extent GWFs are relatively too strong in PvE, and would love to see the other classes buffed.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the 2 CW party finished CN never wiped and used not a single potion.
    -> GWF's are less overpowered than CWs.

I would love to see some boost to the other classes so that 3 very good DC, GF, HR can also 3 man CN

I think there was a solo TR half a year ago who finished CN.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited March 2014
    I think there was a solo TR half a year ago who finished CN.

Not surprising given the stealth mechanic, but still impressive after a fashion I guess.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe anyone complains about this. Tolling other people's accomplishments well, you know how i feel about that one :D

Grats guys!

If you ever want to do cw/2gwf or 2cw/gwf let me know, i'd be glad to join.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Impressive! Oh wait, no it's not!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'd like to see you 3 man gwf draco since it's so easy then. GWFs are OP in pvp, not really so much in pve but still fair well. Clearly CWs are the strongest pve class due to the fact control is the most important factor in dungeons, especially when you have the gear that DCs arent a requirement, though hopefully mod 3 will release a harder dungeon. GWFs were always the class that was never taken, now they are and for pve I think they deserve it. Pvp... not so much so. Not sure why so many people feel like being downers here. When I doubt they can 3 man it with any team setup.

Anyway good job on 3 manning it, especially with no CW.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I want to see 3xDC draco.

Stand in serial yellow/blue circle combos, stick HG up as often as possible, wait for a dracolich to actually commit suicide out of sheer mindnumbing boredom.
    edited March 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    I want to see 3xDC draco.

Stand in serial yellow/blue circle combos, stick HG up as often as possible, wait for a dracolich to actually commit suicide out of sheer mindnumbing boredom.

Could be interesting to watch at around *100 speed I guess.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Once upon a time when you could stack cleric circles we 3 dced mad dragon. Everyone was really drunk and we essentially had a bouncy castle from those hellfire things. That went on so long and was really bad for my liver but so funny.

Of course you could probably 3 dc draco right now because of comedy bug that half the game population is abusing. When we queue up half the time we get into a cleared instance with the dead dragon doing his jank step dance in the middle of the room
  • moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2014

Not really sure how using a class to the fullest of its abilities is exploiting? Playing a perma TR in PvP or soloing in dungeons is actually fairly difficult. Not to mention the ITC bug in PvP that never gets fixed...

I'd say clearing CN with 3 CW is "using cheap party compositions to exploit the game" or just plain old lazy.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, gwf have this performance, in my opinion, is lawful. Does anyone here think that "unfettered torrent of rage and anger que deals the crushing amount of damage on foe is Likely to Survive." Should be below that? The description of the destroyer is almost a poem about tarrasque, hahaha.

But ... what I think is:

1 - there should be options to increase the difficulty of the game. This goes for gwf / cw or the new super class in the game so it reaches the 9638469878k gs.

2 - mixed partys should be encouraged .. either by buffs inter classes or, for example, the bleed/cc of diferents characters of the same class dont accumulate.

ps: I saw 4 gwf vs draco shared on facebook. I think the current projection of this class was the same ... and it takes me a great weight of consciousness.

ps2: He surrendered to the iv?