test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disable pots in PvP !

vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Yo Devs.

Can you consider disabling pots in PvP, and i dont mean pvp healing pots. I talking about elixirs etc.
It looks like some players prepare as hell using 10+ elixirs, all kinds of pots, just to get an edge. Sometimes it helps them sometimes not, but it should be equal to all.

Not that everyone cant buy pots. But you can understand how this is lame.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That would be a good idea :\

I'm always stupefied when I see some tryhard guys with 4-5 elixirs even when they pug. As for premades, it's more of a cheap thing "I hope the other guys forgot to bring theirs, let's pop mine hehe" and it always leads to flaming during and after match.
  • Options
    klaaberklaaber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    Yo Devs.

Can you consider disabling pots in PvP, and i dont mean pvp healing pots. I talking about elixirs etc.
    It looks like some players prepare as hell using 10+ elixirs, all kinds of pots, just to get an edge. Sometimes it helps them sometimes not, but it should be equal to all.

Simple solution - Go to Auction House and search for elixirs.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

I'm always stupefied when I see some tryhard guys with 4-5 elixirs even when they pug. As for premades, it's more of a cheap thing "I hope the other guys forgot to bring theirs, let's pop mine hehe" and it always leads to flaming during and after match.

Almost every premade guild parties use exliris lol...
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As if elixers are that hard to get..

They all go away as soon as you die. So you have to re-use them everytime. So it can be essentially a waste.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

They all go away as soon as you die. So you have to re-use them everytime. So it can be essentially a waste.

Wrong, uncommon elixirs will not go away if people die, they last 1 hour.
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

The ones bought with Ardent Coins dont go away when you die though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    klaaber wrote: »

Nah man, just watch some streams, you will hear many good PvPers acting in disgust when they see the other guys full of pots. And then yeah, they start using pots too.

It's basically just a way to show how desperate one is for a win.
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Simple solution - Go to Auction House and search for elixirs.

I really dont want to stack up on elixirs and pots to have them ready in case the other team uses it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    If they want to use thier ardent coins for those elixers for that one hour. Go ahead,

I'll be saving mine. Nothing else really worth spending them for.
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I drink 3cans of monster per day to keep myself awake. When I come back from work, I'm dead without energy drinks and I cant even play Neverwinter. So are you telling me that I cant use energy drinks in pvp to keep myself awake? Seriously im not going to be able to stay awake without energy drinks in Neverwinter. I VOTE NO FOR THIS INNA NO NO NO NO NO NO. JUST NO!! brb need more green tea to stay awake for 5more hours.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I've seen some people stack some potions from time to time. I never really cared.

I'd use a couple of normal regular elixers at the beginning of the match every now and then.
    Nothing I personally toss out on a regular basis. On rare occasion I'd use a green elixer. But really havent bothered as of late.

But I dont go stacking like 4 to 7 elixers at once. lol.
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Yeah thats what im saying, come and join the tea ceremony. ENJOY THE CAFFEINE.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only time I have potions running while I am in PvP is if they did not wear off during the dungeon I just finished. Never waate a pot for a PvP match.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Preparation is part of the game. If you don't prepare, you might lose. On the other hand, it is cheaper to go without potions and elixirs. It is a tradeoff, but a fair one. Everyone has the choice.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    izatar wrote: »
    Preparation is part of the game. If you don't prepare, you might lose. On the other hand, it is cheaper to go without potions and elixirs. It is a tradeoff, but a fair one. Everyone has the choice.

If they want to implement this, make it BOP based on an alchemy task to make that profession useful at least
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not at ALL true. I premade often and regularly, and as one of the most competitive guilds, we consider it very bad form to have elixirs in a premade (and pathetic to be running them against PUGs). It's mainly because it pressures other players to spend time and resources to get their own elixirs, and then you're simply back to where you started. Except that everyone just had to unnecessarily use resources just because someone was desperate for an edge against their opponents.

If you're using elixirs to make up for a gear gap between you and your opponents, that's more acceptable. Otherwise, it's a desperate and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move in a premade.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nah man, just watch some streams, you will hear many good PvPers acting in disgust when they see the other guys full of pots. And then yeah, they start using pots too.

I will say this much, I've run with a crit pot sometimes, mostly without. The daily coin crit potion is pretty much intended for pvp, even more so now with tenacity ( for pve its pointless). People actually scrutinizing ohers for their playstyle for whatever reason is completely idiotic imo. You can do whatever you wanna do, use whatever you wanna use, you can run and kite, you can use 10 potions, you can pick'n'play the op class/build of the month, whatever , its your choice, nobody can take it away from you.. So why the **** are you trying to take it away from others with pointless zone messages ? I can tell you why of course, its your little ego getting the better of you.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's PvP in a game that is not about PvP. C'mon, a year later and the game still has 1 mode with 2 maps, lol. Who cares if someone pops a pot, that's what they are there for really. Pop one yourself, it's no big buffs we're talking about. Not sure why popping a pot in pug would be different to doing it in a premade setup? Is premade matches somehow filled with some imaginary prestige? :D

All "top pvp guilds" are pretty much like eachother. 85% paying customers who runs with permas and gwf's, and 95% of them have such an elitist attitude. PvP can be fun in NW at times, but don't imagine that there is any prestige in being at the top of it.
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would say ban pots in PvP. I never use them (except for healing).
    If a premade uses pots against us, I would never play them again. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I use pots because glory gain is so low per win than a loss after a 30 minute match sucks and disheartning....
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • Options
    abelieverabeliever Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2014
    Time for some forum PVP
    Yo Devs.

\

velynna wrote: »
    Not at ALL true. I premade often and regularly, and as one of the most competitive guilds, we consider it very bad form to have elixirs in a premade (and pathetic to be running them against PUGs). It's mainly because it pressures other players to spend time and resources to get their own elixirs, and then you're simply back to where you started. Except that everyone just had to unnecessarily use resources just because someone was desperate for an edge against their opponents.
    If you're using elixirs to make up for a gear gap between you and your opponents, that's more acceptable. Otherwise, it's a desperate and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move in a premade.

zengiah wrote: »
    I would say ban pots in PvP. I never use them (except for healing). If a premade uses pots against us, I would never play them again. :P

Let the battle begin.

FIGHT!!

How can you whiners miss the blatant hypocrisy of what you are complainiing of?
    How can you on the one hand equip and use a perfect vorpal enchantment, or the like, or similar, while on the other hand bemoaning the fact that your opponent is using a potion OR potions?
    How can you equip and use a myriad of artifacts for self-healing, increased damage outputting, self- buffing etc, while on the other hand weeping crocodile tears over your opponent doing the same with potions?

How is any of these tantrums even possible?
    How can hypocrisy be exhibited on such a massive scale?
    How can self-blind-ness of this magnitude even exist?

Do any of you not have mirrors nearby?

For shame, I say! For shame.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    abeliever wrote: »
    Time for some forum PVP

\

Let the battle begin.

FIGHT!!

How can you whiners miss the blatant hypocrisy of what you are complainiing of?
    How can you on the one hand equip and use a perfect vorpal enchantment, or the like, or similar, while on the other hand bemoaning the fact that your opponent is using a potion OR potions?
    How can you equip and use a myriad of artifacts for self-healing, increased damage outputting, self- buffing etc, while on the other hand weeping crocodile tears over your opponent doing the same with potions?

How is any of these tantrums even possible?
    How can hypocrisy be exhibited on such a massive scale?
    How can self-blind-ness of this magnitude even exist?

Do any of you not have mirrors nearby?

For shame, I say! For shame.

Yeah most of the high end premades all run cheese melee teams with perfect builds and enchants then think using a potion is somehow wrong or beneath them?? Wow just wow. I would love to see some of the guilds that THINK they are so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> run PvP with a standard rainbow party and then have the realization that follows when they are not so hot afterall.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    velynna wrote: »

Agreed...
    zengiah wrote: »
    I would say ban pots in PvP. I never use them (except for healing).
    If a premade uses pots against us, I would never play them again. :P

A bit extreme lol but +1 the idea is important :)

As for the guy complaining about R10s and perfects... not much I could say. ELO should take care of this in time.

What you seem to fail to understand is that everybody can pot up (reducing pot efficiency to 0-ZERO), and just forcing consumed AD on people (since everybody has the AD to get pots), while R10s and Perfects are out of touch besides Cash2play or months of farming.

GG.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    Agreed...

A bit extreme lol but +1 the idea is important :)

As for the guy complaining about R10s and perfects... not much I could say. ELO should take care of this in time.

What you seem to fail to understand is that everybody can pot up (reducing pot efficiency to 0-ZERO), and just forcing consumed AD on people (since everybody has the AD to get pots), while R10s and Perfects are out of touch besides Cash2play or months of farming.

GG.

I have no problem with perfects and rank 10's as I use them myself. The issue I was referring to is running a perfect build + OP unbalanced teams and thinking you are oh so skilled at PVP. If I ever use pots its because the other premade is using some cheese build setup. The thought process that the other team is "wrong" for using a potion buff when you are queuing with an EZ mode team is silly. Besides there is no point in this thread other than to vent or rant as PWE wont change this mechanic. It does not hurt/harm anyone so why would they. If you are oh so good beat the other team WHILE they have potion buffs and you do not :) You are not forced to do anything.

GG2U.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    It's PvP in a game that is not about PvP.

True. This is not a PVP game. Module 3 is the first module that finally focuses on PVP. Before that, this game has always been PVE before PVP
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pots are in the game to use them, any adventurer who go to fight without preparing properly to do so is not taking is job seriously, if something i would love to see more utility pots, invisibility, haste, enlarge person, rage, etc... and more dispelling effects, that would make the fights more entertaining and lore friendly.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    They should disable armor swapping...

Fought a GWF that swap between bloodtheft and barkshield.... If he used SF as well I would have report him...

Good thing most PVPer have the decency to not use such method, but there are people who does, and that is annoying and really makes this game P2W. Negation pop, let's switch to barkshield; below 50%, let's go bloodtheft; almost dead, better put on soulforged. Rinse repeat lol what is this.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yo Devs.

Not that everyone cant buy pots..

Not eveveryone can buy perfect vorpals and rank 10's