test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "state of the game" and "the future of neverwinter"

borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
I know all the devs are working as hard as they can to make this a nice game for us and since there was a lot of discussions about the PVP i wish to show u all "the state of the game" and to talk a little about the "future of neverwinter" since we will soon have a new module focused on PVP.

First of all lets talk about the present: u queue on domination and regardless of ur gear, skill and everything u get into a sure loose match. And here are some of those scenarios:
- u have 2-3 comrades with 10k and below gear who most likely will leave under a minute.
- u have 2-3 players rushing to the home point. And before they cap it they die and leave.
- u get a usseless healer that only attacks and no heal.
- u get a egomaniac GWF who just rushes forward a 3 vs 1 fight like Rambo and dies a lot (than quit)
- and list gets longer and longer...i let u fill it.

Now here comes the part where it doesnt matter what ur teammates are or what gear they have and u hit a premade.
This ones are made out sooo cleaver (some say) but most are unbreakble and they come in different shapes and sizes. No matter how good u are or how geared u are u stand no chance fighting a premade. why?
Thats a easy one: because they all know what to do, who to take out frst and what point to target. and here are some examples:
- 2 gwfs, 1 gf, 1 healer and 1 dps (hr or cw)
-2 healers,2gwfs and whatever class...
-2 gfs, 1 healer, 2 rogues
-4 rogues, 1 healer
-4 healers and a gwf ...or whatever
and my very on favorite - 4 gwfs and a GF.

Those are some sure loose matches, is there any use of fighting ??just to feed theyr ego ?? no thanks.

Now cryptic comes with the "perfect solution" the new PVP gear and the new queue system. ( like thats gone fix something)

The new PVP gear.
Whats so special?? it has Tenacity and gives u some ressist to CC's. About that, im a CW and my whole powers are CC based and they are so weak againts some classes who already have control resist and i can only keep a player entaggled for 1 sec, and frozen for a 2 sec. Control powers were all i have againts GWFs and GFs, THANK U for taking that away from me. That will definitley help me against those 2 classes.
Cheers for Cryptic on solving that issue.

Does tenacity prevent GFs from smaking u around and play ping pong with u ?? Does it help u when a gwf smacks the s**t out of u in unstoppable?? Cause at this point u have no defence against him, dodge 2 times back and he still hits u, CC him and get a little distance and hes right next to u in a sec. U cant dodge, cant cc him because of unstoppable and he regenerates health faster than u hit ...How will Tenacity help u with that ??

Anyway to much talk about that, next we have the new Queue system.
Hmmm...so basicaly u can cheat the system just throwing the towel a few times. and stay at a point where u dont fight the big guys and still have a big advantage smacking the small ones. Just how it is now.
Any change ?? i dont see one. On the other hand u can still make those OP premades and just smack ppl. Both ways the fight its still not fair and u just end up in a uneven game and a sure loose.

Al that preparation and u just came up with this...a useless system and a new gear. But u didnt took out the things that realy makes u crazy on a PVP game like dependind on a dumb teammate who leaves or just acts like Rambo and u cant rely on him. U didnt do anything against ppl forming those OP premades and just slaughter the littles ones. U didnt nerf those OP builds of GWFs or 1 hit rogues.

This is the real state of the Game: go in have a party and just do dungeons over and over and over. Dont know about some but doing MC, CN or VT to many times ...it gets so realy boring, and the drops....not gone go there. There is no satisfaction after a few rounds.

Here u have a picture of the Future of Neverwinters PVP:
2s0ihlg.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    And before any of u ask or comment, im a 14,5k CW and i have more than 30 matches of PVP / day. I only play this game for the PVP. And no im not a class hatter or dont have a problem with any person on that party or on any. No personal grudge or whatsoever.

But i think the PVP should be more divers than this, like more option ( not more maps), for example:
    - a nice 1vs1, or a premade vs premade, 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5, a way for ppl to chalange one another and not depending on a random queue system. A Guild vs Guild battle... not the 20 vs 20 GG wich is so chaotic and pointless sometimes with no actual reward.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing will change till the main problem will be fixed. Balance.
    It's not acceptable, that some classes are immortal. Perma stealth, OP GWF's and so on. Balance.
    Penalties - maybe it will fix for a while, but what abot ppl who are just staying on respawn? How to force them fo fight? New gear - more defence? Wow, so GWF will be even stronger.

It will not work i bet.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Adding a blanket debuff that has a more negative effect on some classes than others is pure lazy , obviously the development team are not concerned about this since people have been pointing out the obvious flaws in Tenacity for months and nothing much has changed other than the 60% CC bonus for CW , all that will happen now is pvp will turn into GWF/TR pvp because every other class is pointless until a huge balance pass has happened and that is almost certain never to happen because balancing skills so classes are balanced in pvp with tenacity in place will wreck pve skills.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Adding a blanket debuff that has a more negative effect on some classes than others is pure lazy , obviously the development team are not concerned about this since people have been pointing out the obvious flaws in Tenacity for months and nothing much has changed other than the 60% CC bonus for CW , all that will happen now is pvp will turn into GWF/TR pvp because every other class is pointless until a huge balance pass has happened and that is almost certain never to happen because balancing skills so classes are balanced in pvp with tenacity in place will wreck pve skills.

This is exactly right. i said this the very moment they even thought about putting tenacity in when i first heard about it. This will just cause more problems than it solves. Tenacity and healing depression is NOT needed. proper matchmaking and some skill balances would have been good. Of course they dont listen to the many many players that have actually been playing pvp for such a long time and rather just shove this system down our throats.
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited March 2014
    hmm id love to have a ranked system like league of legends to fight from weak players to strongers and so on
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1st ... I am surprised this tread is still alive
    2nd ... if everything is as 'ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as you seem to think, what are you still doing here?
    3rd ... tenacity stat is a no brainer imho, if you look at it from the appropriate angle ... more gear ... more inventory space ... more bags sold. It's easy.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I only play this game for the PVP.

There's your problem! :D
  • Options
    rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    You make some very good points. My main is also a CW, taking my control away makes me a fun trip for any dps.

I also think new modes would be way better than this.

I don't like GG pvp much, too much running around in circles and more often than not big groups of adversaries don't confront each other, stragglers are decimated while big groups go around capping.

I would like something like storm the castle, one group holds a place while the other has to kill the "king", or get to the throne. idk, just mroe ideas
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rafa2306 wrote: »
    You make some very good points. My main is also a CW, taking my control away makes me a fun trip for any dps.

I also think new modes would be way better than this.

I don't like GG pvp much, too much running around in circles and more often than not big groups of adversaries don't confront each other, stragglers are decimated while big groups go around capping.

I would like something like storm the castle, one group holds a place while the other has to kill the "king", or get to the throne. idk, just mroe ideas

Thats exactly what i had in mind, if they already have a conflict between 2 camps its easy to make 1st winner the owner of it and start off with an advantage and beside runing around in circle a nice castle with some turrets or something to defend it. And u have a nice tipical strategy of attack and defend...ppl would most likely be more intrested in joining the fight so they dont loose the owners buff and the others interes is to take it away.

And thats just 1 ideea ... that can be adjusted to the game.
    On topic: the new system is more fcked up. U get a noobs team, or an unkillble Gwf, a premade that has fun smacking noobs around and now u cant do anything... just stay back and watch them die and die die ... untll the game is over. That just feeds theyr ego. And its sad cause it makes me just "exit" and play whatever anything else.

Why am i still here?? easy to answer: i play PVP here until my team in LOL loggs in and we can have fun there...like i sayd i like the PVP and the game...but some aspects just suck badly.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I think asking if the changes "fix" pvp is a bit broad. You could have almost any change and it wouldn't "fix" pvp, it would only be a single step in an ongoing process. So I voted YES because the "fix" has been a step in the right direction, hopefully just a part of an ongoing process.

We really really really need a League. A League would only be for premades and would consist of Registered teams. These would be named teams and in order to que would have to have 3 of the 5 original members who were present when the team registered. Pugs would be a seperate q entirely. Or just have seperate q's for premades and pugs.

About CWs, the class is really the only class other than gwf that can be uber in pvp. The problem is to uber a gwf requires far less skill than to uber a cw.

New modes yes. I have a sneaky suspicion that the new mod will allow much more ranged combat which will make cws as "op" in the pvp campaign as they currently are in pve.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF