test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You broke Shocking Execution.

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm getting hit for 20-30k HP by bile TRs from full and 80% HP. What is this. Fix it, please.
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Funny thing - they didn't broke SE (but granted - SE doesn't count tenacity, and im saying this as a TR: SE should count tenacity, this need to be solved), they buffed it. You want to know how? Well i will tell you just this: new TR's sets got power and SE is getting way to much damage for every point of power you got :) Sooo, considering that you nerfed us again, but you gave us a SE that can go for 20k on full health target (yes, im not kidding), so ty Cryptic :)

P.S. get ready for 6k power, tactics + recovery build TR :D
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree, tenacity was introduced so people won't be getting killed by 1 or 2 shots, but shocking execution ignores all that.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • ap326ap326 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I completely agree, man.
    So many TRs are now swapping over to Perfect Vorpal to literally be able to 1-shot someone from 100-0.
    I was just getting over the recent changes and adjusting to them and now I just can not even premade against a TR. I get SE'd every time. Fed up.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Ah, that explains why my geared characters get one or two-shotted by really terrible TRs that I used to farm on different classes before the patch. Thanks for answering the question :)
    edited March 2014
    This seriously needs to be looked at, just did a match where the TR was using SE whenever he could, getting our DC's hp from 90% down to 10%, and killed me from around 60-70% hp a few times. I have 34k hp. He was just having too much fun abusing this daily, and I don't blame him, who wouldn't like to get some cheap shots like this in?

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any word from a developer about whether this is working as intended or not , most of us are thinking it isn't but official word and a fix would be nice.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Unintended but don't expect a fix for months. Cryptic is like that.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    New record. I am a BiS PvP GWF Sentinel with 45k HP. Got a Shocking Execution for 61k from full HP. A friend of mine got hit by 67k once. This is definitely not an "ignoring Tenacity" issue anymore. There must be something else wrong with it, too.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Best I've seen against my CW (almost 36K HP, 20%+ Tenacity, 30% DR) was 30K Shocking from almost full HP, putting me directly in Soulforge.

Nice! :)

And broken as well lol.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A statement on this from the devs would be nice.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    I kinda can't wait to get hit by a good SE now, I have yet to be wrecked by one.

I feel like I'm missing out on something.
    edited March 2014
    Someone was saying that it scales wrongly with power, and the new pvp set gave the TRs a lot more power than previous set.

Now it seems the best team is to have 2-3 TRs, and a race to whoever gets their daily up the quickest.

• vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    Someone was saying that it scales wrongly with power, and the new pvp set gave the TRs a lot more power than previous set.

Now it seems the best team is to have 2-3 TRs, and a race to whoever gets their daily up the quickest.

The objective in current pvp is 1000 points. Shocking Execution grants TRs an advantage but at best it will kill someone once every few minutes. The only good TR is a perma stealth TR and their dps is pathetic as a result they also build AP slowly.
    I have yet to lose a 1v1 to any TR in my combat HR, I'm even able to survive Shocking execution sometimes.

Thorn ward betrays their location, fox hits them in stealth. Without a daily ready they stand no chance and with it a minor one.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Okay I feel a lot better about myself, just got hit by a Shocking Execution for ~29k when I was at 33/36k hp.

Yeah, that's fun :)

Rolling 5x TR premades again is going to be a little blast from the past.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    I agree, tenacity was introduced so people won't be getting killed by 1 or 2 shots, but shocking execution ignores all that.

This is also my impression. Someone please look into this...
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pWa0ixa.jpg

Not intended as evidence, since we did buff the heck outta keltz0r first. :)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014