test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frontine Surge Nerf - WHY?

evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
First off if anyone says it hasn't been nerfed - yes it has.

In solo play my FS used to kill a mob of 3, now it doesn't so I have to use two encounters or follow up with some cleaves. So it is less powerful than it was. Unless I hit a mob of 5, but I have yet to do that. Maybe in DD it would be more useful but until the vote kicking is changed I'm not doing any.

On top of this Reinforced Surge is now a complete waste of a feat, a lousy 5% more damage (and it still can't kill the mob) and HALF the prone time it used to have, and no free respec so I am stuck with it.

I thought this patch was supposed to buff the GF, instead one of my bread and butter skills is no longer useful in MY STYLE OF PLAY.

So what is the reason for this? Because it was OP for GWF's? So now GF's have to suffer again?
Post edited by evalira on

Comments

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Short answer? Yes. Because GWF base weapon damage is higher frontline does more damage for them. Which means the mobs you used to kill 3 of they now kill 5 of. Anybody else notice that tenacity makes them take even less damage while building enough determination to unstoppable? Yeah.
  • Options
    notalentspaznotalentspaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because it hit like a single target attack, yet was a ranged AOE prone?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This change is fine honestly... Not great for us, but we will adapt! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    May be a bit late to comment but I like the change. It was overrated in PvP, and now in PvE it can hit more targets and has a slightly lower cooldown. It's more useful now. Yes you need more mobs to use it effectively with Fighter's Recovery, but usually it's when you're knee-deep in mobs you need to knock down that you actually need to use the **** thing.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because it hit like a single target attack, yet was a ranged AOE prone?[/QUOTE

this and even atm hits to hard for easy targeting instant cast 5 target aoe +prone or a lot of 1 target and all aoe encounters hits way to weak
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was great. It still is great.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    next in line: threatening rush - can't wait
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not a nerf. Have you been in CN?
    Its a huge boost to Gwfs during preclear(more dmg after singu) and Draco(can kill 5 hands).

Plus it can push away now 5 targets before cws can push their shards...
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Front line surge was meant to be used as a control ability more than a damage ability. Thats why its been increased to a cap of 5 from 3.
    The damage decrease isnt even that bad.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    next in line: threatening rush - can't wait

You are aware that any nerf or change to Threatening Rush because of the GWF will impact the GF as well? Unlike the GWF the GF actually needs that for mobility and as a means to generate threat and control mobs.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.