test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks dev's for bringing GWF back to normal

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Finally can kill GWF's. Geared ones still a pain, but it is doable finally. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Still needs more nerf, but at the moment I can't complain about GWFs. The nerf to Blood Crystal Raven, soulforge and healing depression were critical and vital.

Now do something about permastealth TRs and the path of balanced PVP will surely be closer
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    you think this patch is good but it destroyed DCs and CWs in pvp
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Agreed, a DC is now almost completely useless in PvP.

I have not taken my CW so cannot comment on that.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Agreed, a DC is now almost completely useless in PvP.

I have not taken my CW so cannot comment on that.

Eh, DC is still viable. It is now part of the weaker classes in PVP though along with the CW.

At least no more immortal DC builds :p
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess the gwf nerf was calculated for the 60k+ HP IV Sents with full regen and their P2W Tene/soulforged. On my more modest gwf, the result is I just never get the bar full enough to get Unstoppable. Before the patch, a fight would be more or less like this: I get cc-ed and damaged for ten seconds, I become unstoppable and I deliver damage for 4-8 seconds, Unstoppable wears out and I get cc-ed and damaged again, and so on until I die or the opponent dies. Now only the first part happens. I get cc-ed and damaged, Unstoppable never happens, I die.
    It's pretty much like the gwf after the post-closed-beta nerf. From ok to useless.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not so sure,

This sounds like it fixed some things but broke a whole lot more.
  • ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2014
    Yes, finally I have a chance to stand against GWFs, patch was great in that aspects. GWFs are still extremely dangerous to squisy classes, but at least one can kill them if manages to avoid knockdowns. Good GWFs are still insanely powerful and owning the charts. The ones that were dependant only on OPness of the class (high HP - unstoppable - blood raven combo, knockdown, squishy dead in one encounter rotation) are having hard times. That's good. No more smashing TAB + takedown for autowin :D Kudos to the devs!
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    I guess the gwf nerf was calculated for the 60k+ HP IV Sents with full regen and their P2W Tene/soulforged. On my more modest gwf, the result is I just never get the bar full enough to get Unstoppable. Before the patch, a fight would be more or less like this: I get cc-ed and damaged for ten seconds, I become unstoppable and I deliver damage for 4-8 seconds, Unstoppable wears out and I get cc-ed and damaged again, and so on until I die or the opponent dies. Now only the first part happens. I get cc-ed and damaged, Unstoppable never happens, I die.
    It's pretty much like the gwf after the post-closed-beta nerf. From ok to useless.

Not quite that bad but lower geared GWFs are clearly a lot weaker now.

Not sure about Dc, but CW and certain TR specs especially has gained a fair bit relatively speaking.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    you think this patch is good but it destroyed DCs and CWs in pvp

No it did not my CW rocks I have no issues none at all.. I have seen DC's take on 3+ and be able to survive until their team arrives so don't know what you are talking about.

Then again perhaps they are balancing for high end-game instead of freshie 60 pvp did you all ever think of that?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irk2013 wrote: »
    No it did not my CW rocks I have no issues none at all.. I have seen DC's take on 3+ and be able to survive until their team arrives so don't know what you are talking about.

Then again perhaps they are balancing for high end-game instead of freshie 60 pvp did you all ever think of that?

Not sure about DCs but this is my impression for CWs at any rate. Well geared and skilled ones are now much more effective than pre-patch.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Not sure about DCs but this is my impression for CWs at any rate. Well geared and skilled ones are now much more effective than pre-patch.

Yup again they are balancing for high end-game pvp not freshie or intermediate pvp players.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Yup again they are balancing for high end-game pvp not freshie or intermediate pvp players.

well thats the problem then...everyone I have heard talk about high end PVP says its balanced. The only people I am aware of that complain are the new 60's getting rolled by 15k+ GS people. So as far as I can tell, they are pissing in the wrong bucket.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    well thats the problem then...everyone I have heard talk about high end PVP says its balanced. The only people I am aware of that complain are the new 60's getting rolled by 15k+ GS people. So as far as I can tell, they are pissing in the wrong bucket.

Let's hope the Elo matchmaking system settles in and the PVE pugs don't have to face the 15K GS people more than a couple times. Complaints should drop off quickly this week, I'm thinking.

And as one of the PVE pugs who only PVPs for the artifact, I have no problem with the game only being balanced at high end. I'm going to get through enough matches to get the artifact, then probably never PVP on that character again -- so don't balance around me.

And PVP was pretty fun this weekend when I did play, with 5 v 5 the entire time, win or lose.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited March 2014
    CWs in pvp

CW got a LARGE buff. Icy terrain instant now, their control ignoring what 65% of tenacity?
  • xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "I have seen DC's take on 3+ and be able to survive until their team arrives so don't know what you are talking about."

this patch me me quit my dc is idk what youre talking about
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »

I like how anytime as a GWF after killing someone, especially quickly, it was always P2W comments. How? Just because someone played or was geared better than you? Been playing since Beta, man, some of us actually earned our stuff through playing the game, though yes, I could name at least two GWF who paid for their builds. That being said, you're right on your last comment. I remember when GWF was essentially the most useless and disliked class in the game. You'd get kicked from dungeons, you were laughed at in PvP because you couldn't do much, it was pathetic. The Sentinel changes were much needed for PvP, and Slam made the Destroyer path very viable for PvE, though sadly only one skill shouldn't have been how it was to get that. Sentinel became the go-to because, well the other two trees are freaking terrible, and they still haven't figured it out. Instigator may be the stupidest tree in the game with easily the most worthless capstone in the entire game. Sentinel was pretty much what it needed to be, the devs just don't understand PvP. Destroyer, now, let's look at it simply. The GWF is a class with a big GD sword. It should do damage, that's it. GWF should ideally be doing the most damage, or along with TR, in dungeons, period. That's how D & D always was, fighter classes were your tank/meatshields that dealt the most physical damage, period. So, Destroyer, as I've always said, would be more viable if that capstone made more sense. 10% damage increase? That's practically nothing, and it's a **** joke when you're a glass cannon that doesn't even shoot cannonballs, more like cotton balls. Instigator, well, not even sure what needs to happen with that, it's too ridiculous to even look at that tree to figure it out.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's hope the Elo matchmaking system settles in and the PVE pugs don't have to face the 15K GS people more than a couple times. Complaints should drop off quickly this week, I'm thinking.

Keep dreaming and/or think about it. If there aren't enough people online at the time to play against you that are within your ranking, who do you think comes next in line, hmmm?