test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GG PVP not happening

hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Since the patch that introduced matchmaking, I have not been able to get into a GG pvp session. It seems like others are having the same problem.

Queue times for regular pvp have gotten a bit better as time has gone on and I suppose I've gotten a rating in it to work with.

Am I not getting in because of the matchmaking system? Is there anything I can do to get in? I've tried queuing solo and queuing in a group and neither has worked.
My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
Post edited by hamletswords on

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    are you delzoun? if you're delzoun the key to join PvP is to pray faithfully to your god.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are delzoun you need to queue as soon as the first stage is done before the video. In my experience you have to get it within about the first 2 seconds if you want to get in. Later than that you won't get in.
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It has been suggested before. They could remove the cost of transferring to the side that has less players until its balanced. That way it will always stay balanced.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    It has been suggested before. They could remove the cost of transferring to the side that has less players until its balanced. That way it will always stay balanced.

In my opinion...It should be truly random. As in, when you Q for GG, whichever side needs more players, is where it will put you.

I'm sure the roleplayers will be upset, but other than that..who really cares about faction in this game? People just want to play and as it stands right now.. its a lopsided roll of the dice if you get in or not.

Having a 2 second window to Q for a PvP match is beyond ludacris.
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Having a 2 second window to Q for a PvP match is beyond ludacris.
    Then change faction. Don't force everyone to do so.
    Better yet, ignore GG if you don't like the way it works.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devaneio wrote: »

Calm down there poopee pants. I don't have issues getting into GG.

Delzoun's do.

Saying "ignore gg if you don't like the way it works" is ignorant...seeings how Delzoun has a 2 second window(generally) to get into a match or not, so no..its not working for a large part of the population.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You can't honestly be saying you think that having a 2 sec window before a thirty minute event officially starts, to be able to queue for it, is a good design and wai. To queue as a delzoun you have to have the knowledge that the queue will be clickable thru "k" before the phase actually starts. This means at least to me that to pvp as a delzoun you have to use a bug for your own benefit. Most the time that's actually called an exploit.
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GG is working perfectly. Nobody needs to queue as Delzoun, since you can change your faction. If everyone wants to be sided with Delzouns this is not a design problem, but a community problem.
    There isn't any bug, since you don't need to be inside GG to queue.

Exploit is when someone relog inside a dungeon during DD.
  • Options
    zibraliszibralis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Changing faction costs 750k AD. You do realize that, right? And I'm pretty sure most people who complain aren't guild leaders so this problem is definitely with GG and not the community.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    GG is working perfectly. Nobody needs to queue as Delzoun, since you can change your faction. If everyone wants to be sided with Delzouns this is not a design problem, but a community problem.
    There isn't any bug, since you don't need to be inside GG to queue.

Exploit is when someone relog inside a dungeon during DD.
    The bug is that you can queue thru k before the event opens. You have about 2 secs to do this as delzoun. If you don't see the problem with this, there is nothing that someone can do to help you as you are not interested in a reasonable conversation.
  • Options
    arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    O0h have a que as mercenary option not enough of a faction you can elect to be for hire.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zibralis wrote: »
    Changing faction costs 750k AD. You do realize that, right? And I'm pretty sure most people who complain aren't guild leaders so this problem is definitely with GG and not the community.
    Many guilds chose Delzoun side just because of the winning streak. Do you realise that? Whose fault is that - game designers?
    Any guild is free to join any side from the beginning - for free. Any player is free to join the guild with desirable allegiance - for free. Is that a game devs' mistake too?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Game designers fault for leaving an exploit unfixed for so long that factions became so lopsided. Game designers fault for not having the foresight to realize that when players choose factions themselves they always inevitability become lopsided. Game designers fault for creating a system that promotes imbalance instead of discouraging it. Game designers fault for not fixing it yet.

That you have to choose between either pvp or dk because the outcome of what is supposed to be a competitive match has been predetermined for months is broken and it is the developers fault for not fixing it.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Also its stupid that gg requires a guild to participate in but you cant participate in it as a guild. The whole thing is beyond broken. Gg is a chore for currency its not fun competitive cooperative or challenging.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    On the plus side it looks like theyve completely given up on it and are starting over with a much more refined faction system in mod 3 and nothing would make me happier than to have a large scale pvp event that is nothing at all like like this mess.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The bug is that you can queue thru k before the event opens. You have about 2 secs to do this as delzoun. If you don't see the problem with this, there is nothing that someone can do to help you as you are not interested in a reasonable conversation.

Yes, it's a problem, but it's a problem created by the community, not the way the game is designed, and it's easily fixed by you and others changing sides. It's broken because there are too many Delzoun, if you are Delzoun and aren't willing to change sides then you ARE the problem and shouldn't complain IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Yes, it's a problem, but it's a problem created by the community, not the way the game is designed, and it's easily fixed by you and others changing sides. It's broken because there are too many Delzoun, if you are Delzoun and aren't willing to change sides then you ARE the problem and shouldn't complain IMO.

So people should have to choose no pvp or no dk? That's what you consider good? The whole system is a problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    If the system was working as intended, people should have decent access to PvP, but only get to do DK about 50% of the time. It's a problem when people expect they should always have access to DK. But at least those guys don't get consistent access to those daily Seals of Triumph now, which is some compensation at least.

At least it's a good start for giving incentives to switch side. Recently, I think some good PvP guilds have been switching over. I think they still need to do more, though. Ideally, it should take the form of penalizing the larger faction's players in some way; maybe by giving the smaller faction a larger handicap in the match. Or maybe they should make people who want to access DK without doing the PvP pay like 2k for a key.

The problem is the whole system is flawed. People going over to the winning side, is something that should have been foreseen as it's basic sociology.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    So people should have to choose no pvp or no dk? That's what you consider good? The whole system is a problem.
    I would imagine that if enough people switched to balance the numbers, that the skill/experience level of the 2 sides would also balance out somewhat, and the Luskan might actually win the PVP event occasionally.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    zibralis wrote: »

Starting a new guild is free though, and you can switch guilds at will. Not an ideal situation but a useful work around for those of us who want to get in GG PVP matches without forking out the 750k.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    I would imagine that if enough people switched to balance the numbers, that the skill/experience level of the 2 sides would also balance out somewhat, and the Luskan might actually win the PVP event occasionally.

And that solution, like the system in general goes against basic human psychology. It can't ever work.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Game designers fault for leaving an exploit unfixed for so long that factions became so lopsided. Game designers fault for not having the foresight to realize that when players choose factions themselves they always inevitability become lopsided. Game designers fault for creating a system that promotes imbalance instead of discouraging it. Game designers fault for not fixing it yet.

That you have to choose between either pvp or dk because the outcome of what is supposed to be a competitive match has been predetermined for months is broken and it is the developers fault for not fixing it.
    Blah-blah. This game has A LOT of exploitable mechanics. Whether to use it or not - is the player's choice. Back then almost everyone chose the easy path and came to Delzoun. Now they are whining that GG PvP q is not letting them in? Pfff, as for me - whatever. It is their price for having over 50% DK chance.