test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion Suggestion. Loot Ferret!

kidcriticuskidcriticus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Could we please get a loot companion. It doesn't have to fight or do anything all it has to do is run around and gather up our loot.

PLEASE!
Post edited by kidcriticus on

Comments

• Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I was thinking the same thing, although i really don't understand why gold has to fly off in every direction when i kill a mob.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They really can change Leprechaun companion's third ability to do that since he is associated with treasure finding and also the concept of his current third ability is kinda wicked imho.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Loot Hampster Maybe? Go for the eyes Boo!
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was skeptical about loot companions, until I bought one in another game. It turned out to be the best investment I made. They really are awesome!

EDIT: Wanted to add, that this particular loot companion was actually more like a pet, it didn't fight or engage the enemy at all and gave no boosts or buffs. It used a second companion slot and it existed simultaneously with your active companion. It simply followed you around, and picked up all your look while you and the original companion killed things. So there are a lot of things to consider when you implement something like this.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a quality of life improvement, this would be great! I would, however, want it to do a little something extra, in addition to gathering up loot for me. Perhaps it could provide a buff effect to you, much like how the Acolyte of Kelemvor doesn't have any actual attacks. Maybe it could function somewhat like an augment companion, but on a much lesser level - after all, it'd have to have rune and gear slots, if it was a companion.

An alternative would be to sell it as an item or artifact - something like a fairy in a bottle that you release to gather loot for a fixed amount of time, or a ferret in a pouch, that you let out as needed.

EDIT: What if the ferret had a power that applied a deflect and movement speed buff to its user as its active ability, and gathered loot as its secondary one. Its level 30 ability would either be like the Tymora enchantment, and grant a chance at extra loot, or maybe it could provide a regen or crit buff with its primary ability.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd rather they just removed the on-map loot completely and have it just go directly to your inventory.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep they have that in other MMOs such as Rappelz. Lootpets. Rabbits, crabs, leprechauns, little pirate ships. Very small. Grab everything within 20 ft. Now with the toon, the mount, the companion, the lootpet, that's a lot of pixels.
  • Options
    zygarcthulhukinzygarcthulhukin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh and no...until you don't have to identify greens keep them away from me and my small bags
  • Options
    kidcriticuskidcriticus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I Would be happy with a loot companion. or direct loot to bag either please stop making me climb mountains for 3 copper. PLEASE