test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Match should End Immediately Once there is a Leaver

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
The match is effectively over once someone has left. Please let it not be a gigantic waste of time for the other 9 people. Just make the matches end immediately once there is a leaver.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    The match is effectively over once someone has left. Please let it not be a gigantic waste of time for the other 9 people. Just make the matches end immediately once there is a leaver.

You can win a 4v5, 3v5 you may have a point.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not true all the time, depending on the teams 4 vs 5 can still be pretty close. beside it's the hard matches that let you see how good you really are. maybe at 2 or 3 leavers sure with both teams getting decent but less than full matchs glory. to keep people from farming it but so much
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    we just need an option to concede the matches
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    we just need an option to concede the matches

there is an idea. but only if at least 3 people on a team agree, don't need one whiner whose used to being carried by good teams screw up a good match.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Wanting to get into a real match instead of trying to hold out 4v5 is not whining. Before matchmaking, you might have had a point - there was a good deal of times 4 experienced players could have beaten or even whaled on 5 pugs. But in a match of evenly scored players the one with the least amount of players is at a gigantic disadvantage and will lose most the times. Are there exceptions? Sure. But it shouldn't be the rule.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    there is an idea. but only if at least 3 people on a team agree, don't need one whiner whose used to being carried by good teams screw up a good match.

I would say it needs to be a full 5/5 or 4/4 however many are left in the party. And it should have a glory penalty even to having your glory go into the negative.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Wanting to get into a real match instead of trying to hold out 4v5 is not whining. Before matchmaking, you might have had a point - there was a good deal of times 4 experienced players could have beaten or even whaled on 5 pugs. But in a match of evenly scored players the one with the least amount of players is at a gigantic disadvantage and will lose most the times. Are there exceptions? Sure. But it shouldn't be the rule.

I meant in 5 VS 5 match as far as whiner part. though I should have said so.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dunno.. I've had maybe 5 matches so far that someone leaved. I won about 2 of them, lost 2, and 1 match was really bad luck, got 1 person discod from the start, and then another quit so it became 3v5. I just left that one.

With the new queues and better quality matches, winning -- or at least, enjoying -- a 4v5 is much more likely than before. Ofcourse, ultimately the difference in numbers is very difficult to overcome.. but still, way better than before.

Also, I am guessin that when someone leaves and the players become uneven the ELO rating will take that into account, and losing the match probably would not effect your rating at all. Since all matches are more sincere, I actually find 4v5 matches an opportunity to test out different/experimental power choices and new tactics.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree, especially given the way the new Glory award system works with players getting a very bad return on long losing matches.

Once the matchmaking system settles down you are likely to be facing an opposing team of roughly equal skill, in which case a 4v5 will almost certainly be a loss, although perhaps a slow one.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The biggest issue i have is a match beginning without a full team.

before the gate opens, if there is a disconnect, the match shouldnt start without a replacement.