test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One downside of the matchmaking system

kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Almost definately, the matchmaking system issues a rating multiplier when you team queue.
It seems the more the people in a single party, the higher the rating. (Which usually makes sense)

Now, the drawback is that if you are a premade of newbies.. that will still give your premade team a much higher rating than you deserve -- you will be most certainly be meeting people way above your level.

So beware when you make teams.
Stop making excuses. Be a man.
If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
Post edited by kweassa on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Almost definately, the matchmaking system issues a rating multiplier when you team queue.
    It seems the more the people in a single party, the higher the rating. (Which usually makes sense)

Now, the drawback is that if you are a premade of newbies.. that will still give your premade team a much higher rating than you deserve -- you will be most certainly be meeting people way above your level.

So beware when you make teams.

Good point, but of course (hopefully) after a few matches their team ELO rating will ensure that they only meet 'casual' teams. The rough start may be annoying though...
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    It should just give the team the rating of the highest player on the team.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Had this happen. Solo queing I have not lost a single match under the new system. My buddy had a day off and had not tried it yet so I grabbed him and another friend and the three of us qued. Got 2 fairly poor players and they matched us with a full pre-made. Basically you can PVP with friends if you are all good and do a full pre-made. Otherwise solo it is.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not sure they matchmaking system takes team compilation into account either. I've had games when pugging with 2 DCs and the other team with none and a team fully of squishies and multiple tanky characters on the other.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It should just give the team the rating of the highest player on the team.

I don't think you've fully thought about that statement..

Lets make an example.

Player A is using Rank 10's and Perfects. With 100 games won, the last 40 against equally geared players...only 6 loss's.

Players B, C, D, E. Are a mix of Rank 5's and lessers. With 100 games played, and 48 losses.

Do I even need to explain what the out come would be?

IMO...it should take everyones ELO, and average it. So things like this don't happen.