test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about CW's DoT and Smolder and subsequent buffs (ArcaneMastery/Thaum Feats)

fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in The Library
Hello guys.

If any of you has seen some of these issues tested, could you please enlighten me? Sorry for the showers of questions. I HAVE looked around for answers to those, and there are actually 3 less questions being asked than I originally inteded to =)

1) Snap Freeze Feat says that I deal extra damage with cold powers if my opponent has no Chill. What if I cast (mastery) Conduit of Ice on an unchilled enemy, will only the first tick deal extra damage, or all the power long (considering the first tick will already deal Chill)?

2) Also, if I cast, say, Fanning the Flames on an enemy while having zero Arcane Mastery, and while that Smolder is still ticking, I get 5 stacks suddenly. Will the remaining ticks get the AM bonuses?

3) Same question as above, but instead of smolder, other DoT powers (such as Entangling Force).

4) A similar question to 2), but with the Tempest Magic feat and the Fire Archon companion: I put Smolder on an enemy with 31% life, I don't get extra damage. Before the second tick, he goes bellow 30%. Will the remaining ticks deal extra damage?

5) Same as 4), for other naturally DoT powers.

----

Edit for three extra questions since I'm up to it:

6) Assailing Force's mitigation is applied to a mob with smolder (by the nonmastered version of CoI), will the extra ticks get the bonus?

7) Elemental Empowerment specced, I cast Steal Time on a smoldered mob, extra ticks get the bonus?

8) Apply Smolder, then cast Chilling Cloud on another mob to get the Frozen Power Transfer bonus. Extra ticks get the bonus?

I'm not sure anyone has tested these, but I thought it was worth asking. Thanks a lot!!! =)
Post edited by fmulti on

Comments

• copperwirecopperwire Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2014
    In general, DOTs that have to check for targets (ie CoI, IcyT, ST, OP etc) count as separate attacks for purposes of weapon enchants and other on hit effects. Each "tick" is a separate attacks for the purposes of crit chance and will be effected by any changes (debuffs, buffs, etc).

DOTs that do not have to check for targets either crit for all ticks or none, damage is set when the power is applied, and do not proc on hit effects on additional ticks.

Specifically dealing with Smolder, while it seems to be in the second category, the way it is reapplied and/or transformed into rimfire may mean it acts like a hybrid.