test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So...there will be an Open PvP Zone :)

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Is anyone else excited with that? :)

Just imagine, there will be a zone where you can find and finally hunt down some jerk that insulted you or ninja'd the loot from the last boss. Or even a whole guild that booted you in a dungeoun.
Can't wait to see all of this happening. I just hope that zone won't be as small and time limited as GG PvP :P

P.S got a really long list lol
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Definitely. I'm excited to see what strategies people will cook up with this new zone, as an open area where predators of all sorts lurk will be pretty exciting. I think such an area will be a disadvantage for melees, though. Open areas with limited places to block vision is a ranged character's hunting ground.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where did you read this at guys?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Where did you read this at guys?

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893-announcing_-module-3-curse-of-icewind-dale
    v
    For the first time ever, Neverwinter will feature a PvP Campaign, which will have daily quests focused on slaying other players, or navigating through dangerous PvP areas for resources
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    will pve rewards/gear be acquired from this? cause this will be forcing everyone to pvp
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    That will be an area in the new zone I won't be going to. There are enough jerks to deal with in this game without going to one that custom made for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol yup open pvp is the dumbest idea ever and only elites want it so they can stroke their epeen when they kill a freshie......

Never worked in any game so what makes Cryptic think it will work in this game.
  • Options
    sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why would pve players care about a PVP campaign, as it seems its for pvp expressly,They have no reason as far as i can read to go there,

.I can understand the GG clones that state pvp and pve.
  • Options
    vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irk2013 wrote: »
    lol yup open pvp is the dumbest idea ever and only elites want it so they can stroke their epeen when they kill a freshie......

Never worked in any game? You have not played many games have you? Most of your FPS is only open PVP and that is all there is. Without it what would you do shoot a target dummy?

Ultima Online had a great open world PVP system before they introduced candy land (Trammel). It was good guys versus bad guys all day long. The reds hunting the blues and vice versa. The blues where generally protectors of the noobs. While reds where solely PK for profit. They would kill you then loot you and leave you nude. Yet the same risk posed to them as well. They got killed and they lost everything. Nothing was protected everything they had on them was gone.

To say it has never worked shows ignorance of games. To say it does not work in MOST MMORPG's I would see your point as in a lot of MMORPG's it does not work. Yet when you say games you include all genres and that includes FPS where all there is is Open Season PVP.
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to see how they will balance this zone.
    I imagine every instance to being hold for a guild...

After some months that instances will turn into exclusive 'pve' zones...
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or guilds may be using these Open World PVP Zones to host premade tournaments. With an open world it would be SO much easier to match up against the team you wish to face without going through the tediousness of random Q-ing for Domination. It doesn't have to be guilds vs. PUGs all the time right? I'm pretty sure the big PVP guilds wouldn't find that challenging, when there are better fights to be had.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irk2013 wrote: »
    lol yup open pvp is the dumbest idea ever

THRIVING Open World PvP

Ultima Online - Atleast 5+ Years

EQ 1 - 15+ Years

DAOC - 5+ Years

WoW - 10+ Years

Rift, Tera, Archlord, Lineage 1, Lineage 2 -- Atleast 3+ Years

You really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the PvP in MMO History.......