test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really are GF's that bad right now in PvE?

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Just curious as I have wanted to make a GF for some time but with all the negative feedback and people saying you are not needed or wanted in end-game content I have been reluctant to roll one. I have not heard much about the buffs the class got Thursday, but that usually means it was not good and people just don't want to talk about it.

What do you all think? Is it REALLY as bad as it seems?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't worry brah! ALL OF THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE! I created or perfected a new build that will change the PvE GF as we know it! Go read my new post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?624651-Get-ready-guys-a-new-GF-build-is-coming!-And-it-s-gonna-blow-your-minds!!
  • Options
    wavecannonwavecannon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No .
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2014
    not since they sped things up pretty awesome for my Conq GF :cool:
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Just curious as I have wanted to make a GF for some time but with all the negative feedback and people saying you are not needed or wanted in end-game content I have been reluctant to roll one. I have not heard much about the buffs the class got Thursday, but that usually means it was not good and people just don't want to talk about it.

What do you all think? Is it REALLY as bad as it seems?

problem is to can have gf u need to lose 1 dps or cw and gf wont replace one cw in use and dps or will not replace any dps class in dps and this is main problem
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2014
    aww poor bably lol j/k; but a good gf can add to and increase damage just by being there because the less the others have to dodge the more damage they get to do especially if they are aggro monsters and are smart enough to handle 100 monsters and give combat advantage to themselves and allies.

and ive hit a boss for 47k with my conqueror using kc and 1 charge of gryphons wrath using only a lesser vorpal; that enough deeps for you?

the new speed buffs make moves like gryphons almost instantaneous.

GF is no longer as terrible as everyone thought though I never thought this. People are just stuck with cw because its easy like with gwf and its pretty lazy imo as i said before.

peoples opinions prolly wont change because they wont bother to.

i went on a sp run with 2 gf a cleric a gwf and a cw me and the other GF were pretty much slightly passing in damage to the GWF not the cw because he had a perfect vorpal but i bet if me and the other gf had one too the cw would have been matched.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, there is nothing wrong with GF at all. They just get treated badly when it comes time to pick teams because there are other classes that make the dungeon runs quicker. Combine that with some GF's just wanting theirs made stronger, and you have a whole bunch of people saying they are not good. I love my GF, and while I can think of lots of improvements, most of which are just to get beyond the demands of others.. my GF might be among the last 1 or 2 to go if I had to trim down to one.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    a knight captain GF CANNOT cover a loss of another dps spot (GWF/CW)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    problem is to can have gf u need to lose 1 dps or cw and gf wont replace one cw in use and dps or will not replace any dps class in dps and this is main problem

My new build that I'm about to release tonight is gonna make you eat them words >:D!
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    My new build that I'm about to release tonight is gonna make you eat them words >:D!

record CN run times and parses pls. stories wont suffice
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    record CN run times and parses pls. stories wont suffice

No idea what you mean. Just I'm uploading my build to YouTube and will post it here. The best part about my build is "the more mobs there are, the stronger the party gets!" GFs are gonna be idolized once the build spreads!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No idea what you mean. Just I'm uploading my build to YouTube and will post it here. The best part about my build is "the more mobs there are, the stronger the party gets!" GFs are gonna be idolized once the build spreads!

I'm confused: I tested High General at some point in January (maybe later, can't remember really) and it still had an annoying ITC (60 seconds) and I couldn't get it to proc multiple times. Even if the cooldown is removed now, multiple procs are probably unintended and a bug. Wherever set bonuses are supposed to stack it's stated (see HV, Timeless and so on).
    Which doesn't mean we can't ride it as long as it's possible. Will get further testing in tonight.
  • Options
    iwontpostderpiwontpostderp Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I'm confused: I tested High General at some point in January (maybe later, can't remember really) and it still had an annoying ITC (60 seconds) and I couldn't get it to proc multiple times. Even if the cooldown is removed now, multiple procs are probably unintended and a bug. Wherever set bonuses are supposed to stack it's stated (see HV, Timeless and so on).
    Which doesn't mean we can ride it as long as it's possible. Will get further testing in tonight.

I did some tests myself after seeing his video, and I can't seem to make it proc even with multiple crits, the buffs is up for 8 secs then it disappears for around 1 minute. I'm having serious doubts about his claims...
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So it's still the 60 seconds ITC which alone makes the set completely worthless. Have you monitored your actual CritSeverity or just the buff icon?
  • Options
    snkneofighterssnkneofighters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if the developers of the game noticed, but guardian fighters is the class that is not very welcome into high end dungeons, because: great weapon fighters can tank better and survive and do heavy damage; control wizards can keep mobs together much better than a guardian fighter can and survive the process and do a lot of damage; and hunters can even do a mob run in boss areas better than a guardian fighter and survive, while doind a lot of damage; even TRs can do a better job with mobs using smoke bomb and ITC...

I don't think it's right that the GF is the class that can (or has potential to) do the most damage in a single target (that should be the TR's job), when it was suposed to be one of the pillars to keep the party alive, keeping mobs busy for the party. It should have something that could really make the guard recover well, or the villians menace shoud be the GF's unstopable, because when the guard goes down and the GF has the mobs attention is certain death (specially if the mobs can control you). And now, once again, they messed more with the guardian fighter, I'm really having problems to figure out how this class is suposed to work in dungeons, because all the other classes have more important roles or can do the GF's role better. I remeber when the GF could really tank the damage that the party was taking with the knight's valor and survive, 'cause with it you could be able regain a lot of action points and then use the fighter's recovery fast enough to keep yourself alive - this class was really usefull in dungeons before a update that have badly nerfed it, I even gave up to have a tanker GF at that time to make a high DPS one, because with that, at least, I could use it in PVP to one shot HRs and CWs.
    I agree that the fact that a GFs can one shot TRs, CWs and now HRs in PVP is OP, but I think this is a matter that have to be solved without making this class useless, taking out all it's survivability just to compensate the high single target damage output that this class can do in a certain built - I know that reducing it's damage would make it really useless, but they could reduce the knight's challenge damage buff.
  • Options
    iwontpostderpiwontpostderp Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    So it's still the 60 seconds ITC which alone makes the set completely worthless. Have you monitored your actual CritSeverity or just the buff icon?

Yep, the amount of crit severity only got up when the buff icon was active, and only by 10%. I still need to make more tests with that set though, I'm gonna bring it in a guild dungeon run and see if there is any difference in the damage of others, but I'm having my doubts.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    As long as people are under the impression that GF is a damage/tank class instead of the GF being a threat/control class people will assume it's bad. I've seen GF that keep things locked down through aggro management better than any CW. Decent GF are always friended by me, as I believe they are value added to any team if they know their stuff.

There's nothing wrong with playing in diverse groups, it might take longer but with good players it doesn't seem to take appreciably longer and it becomes easier to recover from any mistakes in my experience. Plus locking players out of groups because of their class making a dungeon take a few minutes longer seems like a pretty jerk move in my opinion if they also make the run smoother, which GF do.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    wavecannonwavecannon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    As long as people are under the impression that GF is a damage/tank class instead of the GF being a threat/control class people will assume it's bad. I've seen GF that keep things locked down through aggro management better than any CW. Decent GF are always friended by me, as I believe they are value added to any team if they know their stuff.

There's nothing wrong with playing in diverse groups, it might take longer but with good players it doesn't seem to take appreciably longer and it becomes easier to recover from any mistakes in my experience. Plus locking players out of groups because of their class making a dungeon take a few minutes longer seems like a pretty jerk move in my opinion if they also make the run smoother, which GF do.
    Best post here.
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2014
    I agree that the fact that a GFs can one shot TRs, CWs and now HRs in PVP is OP, but I think this is a matter that have to be solved without making this class useless, taking out all it's survivability just to compensate the high single target damage output that this class can do in a certain built - I know that reducing it's damage would make it really useless, but they could reduce the knight's challenge damage buff.

Get some tenacity gear. You will not be one shot by a GF. Your comment shows how undergeared your toon must be. I am in full rank 10's and I NEVER one shot anybody, unless they are below 15% health...even then it required more than 1 shot...maybe 2
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • Options
    maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, its not
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aww poor bably lol j/k; but a good gf can add to and increase damage just by being there because the less the others have to dodge the more damage they get to do especially if they are aggro monsters and are smart enough to handle 100 monsters and give combat advantage to themselves and allies.

and ive hit a boss for 47k with my conqueror using kc and 1 charge of gryphons wrath using only a lesser vorpal; that enough deeps for you?

the new speed buffs make moves like gryphons almost instantaneous.

GF is no longer as terrible as everyone thought though I never thought this. People are just stuck with cw because its easy like with gwf and its pretty lazy imo as i said before.

peoples opinions prolly wont change because they wont bother to.

i went on a sp run with 2 gf a cleric a gwf and a cw me and the other GF were pretty much slightly passing in damage to the GWF not the cw because he had a perfect vorpal but i bet if me and the other gf had one too the cw would have been matched.

You were playing with crappy players.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No way! The KC set offers way less power then the High General set alone. Your wearing KC your stats suck, your power sucks, and your dps sucks.... You are there to give them your Power Proc and thats it!

eton3000 wrote: »
    a knight captain GF CANNOT cover a loss of another dps spot (GWF/CW)
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!