test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter for the Mac?

mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Will Neverwinter soon be able to be used for the Mac in the near future?
Post edited by mablus25 on

Comments

• Options
    pangeus666pangeus666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I played on a Mac, through WINE, for a couple of months, still do half the time. Had to upgrade the Wine package to DirectX boost version but it works.

Edit: let me know if you need help setting it up. The more people playing on Mac, the more likely someone will maintain/update the WINE package if needed.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pangeus666 wrote: »
    I played on a Mac, through WINE, for a couple of months, still do half the time. Had to upgrade the Wine package to DirectX boost version but it works.

Edit: let me know if you need help setting it up. The more people playing on Mac, the more likely someone will maintain/update the WINE package if needed.

I am doing this as well. But one day they will move the launcher to Arc, then we won't be able to do this anymore.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Trek Online has an official Mac client in beta right now. If that is successful it shouldn't be big leap to create a Mac client for Neverwinter. It will come, but as always patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do hope Neverwinter will be available for the mac soo my older brother can play as well.
  • Options
    gridwardengridwarden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll also vouch for Crossover for Mac. The game plays great, aside from infrequent and random crashes near campfires. Just like on PCs, the better your hardware, the better the game plays.