test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lesser Mark of Potency cheat/exploit?

lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

so I`ve been trading with lesser Marks of Potency a bit and thus monitoring their prices over the last few weeks.

Sometimes - it happened so far 3 times I saw it and who know how often when I didnt see it - one guy puts in not only hundreds, but even thousands (!!) of lesser marks of potency. Now the first time I saw this, I was new at the game and didn`t think of anything. The second time I got suspicious. Why would someone have dozen of stacks of lesser marks and suddenly sell them a good bit below the market value? (the market value is about 10 500 to 12 500 for a stack, and the offers were for 8000 or even 6000)

But now the third time I see (again about 5-6 pages full of lesser marks for 9999) it I'm really getting worried, that they did not get their marks fair and square. When I do pm the seller, he does not reply. On top of that, he puts them in with only a lvl 4 character.

So my question: are there any know exploits/cheat that makes it possible to duplicate lesser marks of potency?

And if there are not cheated, where the hell do people get so freaking many lesser marks of potency from? I do find one once in a while, and if thousands of player do so as well there might be so many on the market - just not thousand of them stacked on one Account! And it also makes no sense that he would have bought them, because selling them so low will be a huge loss for him. I didnt find anything in the forum or via google yet, so I'm asking here.

Regards

EDIT: Sorry, the question is a bit misleading. If there was a known exploit, people would of course do it (and not post about it here). I just wanted to pointed out this weird event and ask for an explanation.
Post edited by lamminatboden on

Comments

• Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These are stacks goldseller websites farm. They farm skillnodes which give lesser marks/peridots using multiple accounts with scripts. Cryptic/PE havent yet found a way to get rid of them and probably never will.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah. Botting. That's why we have more and more BoP or BtA stuff.
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok thanks, that's what I feared. Hopefully they find a way to stop this some day. I have about 80 goldspammers in my ignore list already and its growing every day :/.
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One advice: dont waste your time ignoring them - they have a) too many accounts b) can easily create new accounts c) even use accounts of people who bought from them
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You need to ignore them because when a certain number of players flag them up as spam or ignore them they get muted and the account gets flagged for investigation although I have no idea if anybody follows through and actually investigates the accounts.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ip bans. Just saying.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    ip bans. Just saying.

IP bans are completely ineffective. They can punish innocent people (up to 20,000 users can share a single AOL IP address, and commonly many users share a single IP address via other ISPs), while botters have absolutely no problem getting new IP addresses (and the old IP addresses may well end up being assigned to innocent Neverwinter players).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IP bans are completely ineffective. They can punish innocent people (up to 20,000 users can share a single AOL IP address, and commonly many users share a single IP address via other ISPs), while botters have absolutely no problem getting new IP addresses (and the old IP addresses may well end up being assigned to innocent Neverwinter players).

This. It's akin to trying to swat a fly with a nuclear missile.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This. It's akin to trying to swat a fly with a nuclear missile.

Some success has come from mac address bans. Also randon events that disrupt the farmed a tibity. Nothing is perfect yet, unfortunately.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So far their only solution for bots is to remove the nodes they are exploiting.
    Then, predictably, the bots simply move on to another node somewhere else...

Eventually they will just remove skill nodes from the game I guess.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they should make it so nodes have a certain % of spawning an enemy of your level.
    I think that would reduce botting quite a bit.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    they should make it so nodes have a certain % of spawning an enemy of your level.
    I think that would reduce botting quite a bit.

Like the winter festival fishing!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Exactly, I know many people didn't like it either, but I think it would help to solve a greater problem.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some success has come from mac address bans. Also randon events that disrupt the farmed a tibity. Nothing is perfect yet, unfortunately.

Mac address is easily defeated as well. can change it in less than a minute. making it a lot harder without causing much impact to the real players is about the only solution.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it's one thing to discuss bots and to be concerned about exploiting but getting into discussions about how to bypass this stuff is not something we want here on the forums. it doesn't matter if this stuff is readily available on the internet, we're not going to provide it here.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.