test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Help!!

runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What is the last second you can bid on a bid in the Game Client? And on gateway?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by runonnike on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently it is much easier to snipe auctions on the web Gateway.
  • zygarcthulhukinzygarcthulhukin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's one minute in the game client. 59 seconds is too late. Found out the hard way, lol
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's one minute in the game client. 59 seconds is too late. Found out the hard way, lol

Thank youuu :D

Wait, I've tried to bid on stuff that's 55 mins away and it won't work. >:(

In fact I've tried bidding on something under 1 hour and it still doesn't work. Can someone tell me how it works on gateway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zygarcthulhukinzygarcthulhukin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you can't bid on something 55 minutes out then something is wrong...way wrong
  • kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For whatever reason (I have no idea), there are sometimes items in the AH that can not be bid on or bought out - cab be 1 or 2 hrs left, or 2 - 3 days. I don't know if it is a glitch in the AH system, or what causes it, but I have seen this several times. And still been able to buy or bid on other items, btw. So if you hit that, try a different item/seller - will probably work.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kevinc55 wrote: »
    For whatever reason (I have no idea), there are sometimes items in the AH that can not be bid on or bought out - cab be 1 or 2 hrs left, or 2 - 3 days. I don't know if it is a glitch in the AH system, or what causes it, but I have seen this several times. And still been able to buy or bid on other items, btw. So if you hit that, try a different item/seller - will probably work.
    I THINK what is going on here is that the item in question has actually already been either bought out or taken down by the poster, but it has not been removed from the list. Just speculation on the part of myself and some friends, but I know a few of them usually know their stuff and it seems to add up with what I've experienced as well.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I THINK what is going on here is that the item in question has actually already been either bought out or taken down by the poster, but it has not been removed from the list. Just speculation on the part of myself and some friends, but I know a few of them usually know their stuff and it seems to add up with what I've experienced as well.

No, on client, you can't bid on ANYTHING within one hour. Completely sure, check it out yourself. And on gateway, its 1 min ( need confirmation on this).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]