test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seal of Triumph

blastharblasthar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The only ways to get seal of triumph is doing the dailies?
Post edited by blasthar on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes , probably a bottleneck to drag out people getting full pvp sets in no time but apparently the new glory system deals with that worry quite well on it's own.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GvG, dunno if it's placement based but I got one for coming second.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    GvG, dunno if it's placement based but I got one for coming second.

oh no!!!

so GWFS will get theres first n CWS last...
  • santiagopazm666santiagopazm666 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've fought like 10 pvp matches and still i haven't received a seal of triumph. Is there like a special rule or something I'm not observing? I did got the daily quest btw, but as usual, I can't queue from the domination battlemaster.

I'm a cleric btw, does that have anything to do?

Thanks!
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got one when I completed a GG PvP (we won), but nothing for any 5v5 PvPs or for completing the 5v5 PvP daily... Still somewhat confused.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
    edited March 2014
    PVP is always a mystery... And now I've been 35 minutes waiting for queue in vain...
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've fought like 10 pvp matches and still i haven't received a seal of triumph. Is there like a special rule or something I'm not observing? I did got the daily quest btw, but as usual, I can't queue from the domination battlemaster.

I'm a cleric btw, does that have anything to do?

Thanks!
    The daily you get the seal from is in the trade of blades, not Rix, it's for winning one match a day.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So far the only quests that reward it to us would be GG PVP and PVP Domination Victory (a new quest that can be taken from the Domination Battlemaster). Daily PVP Domination from Rhix doesn't seem to be providing these Seals as a reward, though it would be awesome if it did.

Because at the rate our Queues tend to take whenever we try to find a match, in conjunction with the new limits of Glory we can win from PVP, it's going to take us an absurdly long time to get the T2.5 sets, given how the max Seals we can earn per day are 2 (GG PVP, PVPV). Not only that some players PVP on more than 1 characters. So in essence we have to undergo the horrendous Queue times per character where we want those PVP sets on, and have to take this "time wall" into consideration as well. The new sets are awesome, but the way we have to get them is uncreative, imposing another limit on top of other unnecessarily huge limits like the number of Glory and Seals of Triumph per gear. But whatever, I guess. I want one of the Profound sets so I'll live with this until the devs could be kind enough to listen to some of our feedback and make PVP a little less of a chore than it is right now. I just can't imagine doing it all over again for my CW and GF, and I badly want the sets for them as well.

At least the rewards OR the Queue time should get improved. 10 minutes to wait for the Elo Matchmaking System to decide who we get matched up against is too **** long. Realistically it should only be 3 - 4 minutes at most, given how many players Queue for PVP everyday.
    edited March 2014
    I know, that's why I mentioned the domination battlemaster, which is in the trade of blades. Still, no seal.
    edited March 2014
    So far the only quests that reward it to us would be GG PVP and PVP Domination Victory (a new quest that can be taken from the Domination Battlemaster). Daily PVP Domination from Rhix doesn't seem to be providing these Seals as a reward, though it would be awesome if it did.

Because at the rate our Queues tend to take whenever we try to find a match, in conjunction with the new limits of Glory we can win from PVP, it's going to take us an absurdly long time to get the T2.5 sets, given how the max Seals we can earn per day are 2 (GG PVP, PVPV). Not only that some players PVP on more than 1 characters. So in essence we have to undergo the horrendous Queue times per character where we want those PVP sets on, and have to take this "time wall" into consideration as well. The new sets are awesome, but the way we have to get them is uncreative, imposing another limit on top of other unnecessarily huge limits like the number of Glory and Seals of Triumph per gear. But whatever, I guess. I want one of the Profound sets so I'll live with this until the devs could be kind enough to listen to some of our feedback and make PVP a little less of a chore than it is right now. I just can't imagine doing it all over again for my CW and GF, and I badly want the sets for them as well.

At least the rewards OR the Queue time should get improved. 10 minutes to wait for the Elo Matchmaking System to decide who we get matched up against is too **** long. Realistically it should only be 3 - 4 minutes at most, given how many players Queue for PVP everyday.

This is a very good answer. Thanks for pitching in.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014

10 minutes would be great compared to what I experienced yesterday. I was logged in for over 5 hours and only got into 4 matches total, 2 on each of my lvl 60 CW and GWF. One win and one loss each left me at 3/4 so I wasn't even able to to complete the daily quest despite spending half of they day trying to queue for matches.
  • sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yea today I waited over 30 minutes to get into a pvp match during the bonus glory hour. We won, I requeued, finished all my dailies waiting, watched the pvp event expire; then after 40 minutes had passed still in pvp queue decided I had wasted enough time and logged out.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got my first post-patch Domination match just now. Completed the daily and got the seal. Seems to be WAI.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014

From what Ive seen the queue takes longer only when you go in with a premade, so yeah if you want to increase your chances of winning you will wait.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • loki1170loki1170 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the ways to get a seal of triumph is to quit playing this !@^#% up game. It has become GWF's button mashing their "1" key and perma stealth chasing down flags. How the hell can one pair matches by skill when there are GWF's in the game? Mashing 1 key is hardly skill imo. Game has gone to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    oh no!!!
    so GWFS will get theres first ...

You mean "theirs".
    Anyway, that was before HD/tenacity. Which class needs damage to activate its class mechanic? And which class was staying alive not via its stealth or block or range but only by its sustain?
    In both cases the gwf, the class against whom the patch was specifically designed.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oh no!!!

so GWFS will get theres first n CWS last...

Nonsense! Last time I was in GG PVP it was less than a minute before the match was over.

I didn't make any points but got a seal nevetheless.
  • soundalleysoundalley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dont you worry guys, I mean that gear does not even have good stats on it. not even the pro gear. the weapons do not showing any extra *Part of Set* So you better go play dungeons because its not worth it. maybe, just maybe your gamescore will be better but I doubt that.
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I rather earn more ADs or seals of unicorns but that just me so I can last few purple gears items for my GWF and just slightly off topic all classes have their good and bad points. I have CW as well as a HR as well as my GWF; love each one for different reasons and will work towards on earning my seals tomorrow once I had time to sleep.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    oh no!!!

so cheese permastealth TRs will get theres first n CWS last...

Fixed.

///////
  • infiltratorinfiltrator Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... and just slightly off topic all classes have their good and bad points. I have CW as well as a HR as well as my GWF; love each one for different reasons and will work towards on earning my seals tomorrow once I had time to sleep.

I am sorry to burst ur bubble, but currently pvp in this game is horribly broken in favor of GWF and permanStealth TR. If those classes are controlled by a player, who has a bit of experience as a CW u are pretty much doomed in 1vs 1 situations (which I prefer to avoid anyways). The so called balancing implementation (="toughness") clearly indicates how much cryptic fails at fixing pvp issues. GWFs will get even more ridiculous now, since due to their natural high survivability, they will get much more value out of toughness.

Intstead they should have:

deleted perma invisibility : as soon as TR attacks(doesnt matter if its a regular attack or ability) he shall get visible and cant force himself into stealth anymore unless he stops taking damage for xy seconds

what will be the consequences?: TR will now have to use 2 braincells instead of 1, 1st brain cell to click on the invisibility button, (and now carefully pay attention >>) second brain cell to think: shall I engage now or is it too risky >>> currently the second braincell is in a kinda degenerated state, since TR via definition never bears the consequences of his actions

greatly reduced GWFs control immunity: GWF can free himself from control effects with his enrage ability but is not granted any lasting control immunity.
    consequences: now other classes can at least keep him away for limited period of time (so this will be an indirect buff to the other classes)

I am so sick of these "self proclaimed pros" shouting "wtf u talking about, I solo TR and GWFS all day". Those people are the first ones to leave ur team if something goes wrong.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deleted perma invisibility : as soon as TR attacks(doesnt matter if its a regular attack or ability) he shall get visible and cant force himself into stealth anymore unless he stops taking damage for xy seconds

what will be the consequences?: TR will now have to use 2 braincells instead of 1, 1st brain cell to click on the invisibility button, (and now carefully pay attention >>) second brain cell to think: shall I engage now or is it too risky >>> currently the second braincell is in a kinda degenerated state, since TR via definition never bears the consequences of his actions
    Oh good - someone else with no idea how permastealth actually works.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Flame flame flame.

If you are cw, no reason to complain. Cw are a great PvE class.

If you are tr, no reason to complain, you can be good in pvp with almost no gear.

If you expect every class to be equally valuable in every situation, realize that this is likely impossible and would be, quite honestly, boring.
  • infiltratorinfiltrator Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh good - someone else with no idea how permastealth actually works.
    So in ur opinion I have to rise a level 60 TR character to qualify myself as worthy to comment on this class?
    I leveled my CW mostly via PVP. I have seen more than enough of TR to know that it is a ridiculously broken class. I dont need to know the exact mechanic, since I battled them countless times and witnessed their capabilities. There is a huge gap between cleric/protector on the one side and TR /GWF on the other side. And despite the main focus of this game being pve they need to fix this if they want to actually attract pvp dedicated audience.

PVP is not about kills ,but choosing the correct timings to engage and correct timings to retreat. Appropiate choices will often result in a good Kill/ Death ratio.
    Currently the assassin is in complete controll of the timing, he can pretty much destroy any squishy and get away with it relying on broken mechanics. The only possibility for an assassin to die is either being heavily outnumbered or being controlled by a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> player.