test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need advice about PvE GWF

nukainotasnukainotas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I have a level 60 GWF (human) and i would like to set him up to be a damage dealer in PVE.

I checked the guides, but they were written long time ago (before module 2), so i am not sure what spec should i choose.

My goal is to deal as much damage as possible (thinking about Paingiver) in end game PVE content.

So how should i spec? Iron Vanguard or Swordmaster?

Is there some new build for max dmg? Would be nice if you could post a link to it.

Also i wonder if i spec for max damage, will i be able to tank? I don't want to be tank, but i often see GWFs deal a lot of damage and tank at same time.

So what are current GWF trends, what are they speccing into?

Thanks.
Post edited by nukainotas on

Comments

• notalentspaznotalentspaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    End game GWFs are usually Destoyer "glass cannon" spec and still tank. They are currently the top damage dealers surpassing CWs (assuming the CW actually uses sing). That being said there aren't a whole lot of really good high end GWFs.
    You will need to know your dungeon and be quick about sprinting out of or sidestepping the attacks that you can't take.
    IV seems to be the most popular since you can use TR as your sole single target at will & still spread bleeds with it via the Mark affect.
    Regarding build, just avoid all the PVP goodness from the tree & get all the damage feats you can while dumping extra points into AP gain.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GWFs Destoyer . They are currently the top damage dealers surpassing CWs (assuming the CW actually uses sing).

Recently ran a PK with my destro gwf together with four CWs. Never could kill nor even touch anything. By the time I moved close enough to the target this one was smoked already. Finished last on the "Press X" paingiver chart. By far.

OP, just max Deep Gash and that's it. Our AtWills/Encounters/Dailes do no damage per se.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • pyrates313pyrates313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?585281-Cupcake-pve-destroyer-gwf-dps-guide
    this is about the best a swordmaster gwf can get, and it is up-to-date