test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HV-set BiS for CW in PvP?

zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Having a hard time to decide which set is the best for PvP now after the big patch. Some players I talked to think that High Vizier still might be best in slot.

Any thoughts about this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zengiah on

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Coordinated debuffing is much more important for spiking down opponents now. HV set does indeed help this out a lot and you can still afford a good bit of tenacity using pvp weapons, rings, neck and belt.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still plan to try an use it, the PvP sets are way worse, I cannot bring myself to use any.

Even the jewelry I dislike.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    you've gotta be joking... the HV set wasnt even close to BiS for PVP -before- today nevermind after! if you wanna use it though, i'll be seeing you under my feet real soon <3
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Someone wants the price of HV to go down at the AH I suppose.

Yeah... it sucks.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Running HV seems legit to me because the strong debuff. And tenacity has a really early DR, you can basically run HV set while using tenacity weapon set and jewelry to maintain a decent amount of PVP resistance.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Running HV seems legit to me because the strong debuff. And tenacity has a really early DR, you can basically run HV set while using tenacity weapon set and jewelry to maintain a decent amount of PVP resistance.

yeah no real need to have over 500 tentacy
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tenacity DR is 500?
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's what I use. I'm not going to change my gear just for PvP.

Does tenacity gear have a higher salvage value than the old PvP gear? Is there any reason to farm the new coins? I really don't want to run into PE and ToB every time I PvP.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deads6667 wrote: »
    you've gotta be joking... the HV set wasnt even close to BiS for PVP -before- today nevermind after! if you wanna use it though, i'll be seeing you under my feet real soon <3

HV was and IS some of the best gear you can get your hands on for pvp,

Defense, Deflect. Power and Recovery... Debuff...

I run it and then full tena gear everywhere else .