test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes to HR in 6 Mar 2014 update

frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
Here's the changes to the HR that I saw in today's release notes:
Forest Meditation: Is no longer considered a melee attack.
Constricting Arrow: The ongoing negative effect is now considered a control effect and may be removed by control immunity or prevented by Guardian Fighter’s guard.
I've got no problem with either of these. That just seems to be how it was intended to work.

Split the Sky: Will no longer be triggered by reactive damage sources.
What does this mean? I keep reading it over and over and it's just gobbledegook.

An issue where powers activated during the charge up time of the Hunter Ranger power “Aimed Shot” would trigger after the charge but before the power was fired.
Thank you!!! Can't tell you how many times this happens to me. I hope this means that the Aimed Shot will fire then the other power will fire, rather than the other power being ignored.

An issue where the duration of the Hunter Ranger mechanic “Grasping Roots” was not properly affected by control resist.
Also makes sense.

An issue where the Hunter Ranger feat “Master of Combat” would affect the activating player.
What does this mean? I play a strictly archery HR, so maybe it is just something that I don't use.

An issue where players were unable to properly claim their 24 slot Bags of Holding and Adventurer Helper Kits after purchasing the "Hunter Ranger Booster Pack" through the Arc website.
Included for completeness. Nice to see stuff like this fixed.
Post edited by frozenflame22 on

Comments

• Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    split the sky: reactive damage are things like stormspell (cw), bilethorn (weapon enchant), bleed ticks, etc... Damage that only occurs because a prior/trigger attack caused it to do so

Master of Combat: sometimes you deal damage to yourself with master of combat
  • Options
    fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i wonder if roots will be affected by itc and unnstoppable now
  • Options
    frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    split the sky: reactive damage are things like stormspell (cw), bilethorn (weapon enchant), bleed ticks, etc... Damage that only occurs because a prior/trigger attack caused it to do so

Master of Combat: sometimes you deal damage to yourself with master of combat

That makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Last time I checked, roots did not work at all with the tenacity content.

watch pvp match vs the devs on test shard - WARNING: Contains potty mouth
    Contents may be inappropriate
    The broadcaster has indicated that their video may be unsuitable for some viewers. Click continue to view the content or try another live channel below.

I root pewpewpew several times and he just runs/marauder's out of it (2:50ish & 3:30ish & 9:10ish)
    You can see the roots stretching across the entire map and he is not being pulled back at all.
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So how this work now ? Do not get dmg till duration ?

• Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    goldheart wrote: »
    So how this work now ? Do not get dmg till duration ?

When i tried it after the initial stormstep fix with forest ghost, meditation still procced it so maybe thats it.