test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP respawn timer

maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
hello,

i just wanted to ask you how the respawn timer works atm...

im not sure, but i think its classic wave respawn which ressurects all dead people in given periods, am i right?

if yes, i think it isnt very good solution to the future, as i see from the notes, devs are quite focused on PVP now and thats good, but this aspect should be looked at... we can look at it from two sides...

pov 1) wave respawn is meant to be strategic part, so you should choose to die rather than hope for ress if you know you will get respawned immediately, so its good and should be kept... but is it really the loosing one who should be rewarded with immediate respawn? strategic dying? doesnt sound good to me personally...

pov 2) wave respawn demotes the point of killing, because when you kill someone, you are left with low hp and feel as a hero, but accidentaly, he respawned immediately (not because of you, but because he can choose to die instead of lie on the ground and wait) due to wave respawn and thanks to quite small map, he came and killed you, because you had no hp... this way it makes killing worth nothing sometimes and should be remade into something else, e.g. personal respawn countdown (respawn 10secs after dying, or maybe 15sec, could be changed)

so what you think? is it good as it is now? which way you prefer? or would you suggest another way?

PS: my vote goes for personal respawn from obvious reasons :)
Post edited by maxilockheart on

Comments

• Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2014
    so you say in NWO there is some rng based respawn? are you sure? to be honest, that would be even worse for competitive PVP
  • Options
    zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so you say in NWO there is some rng based respawn? are you sure? to be honest, that would be even worse for competitive PVP

I am actually curious as to how the re-spawn timer works as well.. Sometimes I rez right away, other times the timer is anywhere from as short as 3 sec, to as long as 18 sec...although most of the time its somewhere in the middle.....Is it really random???
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    No. it's usually takes 15sec from death to revival. There's just something in the system that sometimes makes you wait a few sec longer when you choose to die instead of waiting. And sometimes you spawn almost instantaneously. I'm guessing it's a small bug.

Have you got some sort of reference for that, because that's not how it happens for me at all. It can take UP to 15 (or so) seconds to respawn but the time varies hugely from 0 to 15. I had been informed that there's a timer and everyone respawns when it expires, every 15s or so. It's a stupid system and the most frustrating thing in the game.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Personal experience, there are currently waves in which like drscone said everyone will respawn at the same time. So when one of my teammates die somewhere else and his respawn timer is about to be up I press respawn now and normally respawn when he does. However, this is just my observation.