test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Respec for GFs?

asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
well, its official. the PVP update goes live on Thursday (was announced on Facebook)

my question is this:

in the past, when major changes have been made to class abilities, a free respec has been handed out to that class

with some rather big changes to some of GF's powers coming, can we expect to see one?
Tenebris lux mea est
Post edited by asmodeus451 on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well, its official. the PVP update goes live on Thursday (was announced on Facebook)

my question is this:

in the past, when major changes have been made to class abilities, a free respec has been handed out to that class

with some rather big changes to some of GF's powers coming, can we expect to see one?

think even gf could be auto rest when log in like gwf was with last time changes
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I think it's not only the GFs that get "altered" by the changes. I see no reason for example, why a CW wouldn't want to change his setup either with all the CC resist coming. If your question had been "is there a free respec coming in light of all the new PvP changes?" I'd reply with "I hope so." When you put it like this, my answer would be "bite me. It's about time you GFs get put in your place".

It's all a matter of using the rights words to get what you want.

despite your hostility, i actually have to agree with you now that you've pointed that out.

the simple fact is that the class experiencing the most changes with this update will be GFs, so that was the focus of my inquiry.

BUT you do have a legitimate point in that CWs built for CC are also greatly affected by the inclusion of Tenacity

i'll admit my focus was a bit narrow, and i can honestly believe ALOT of pvp builder's are going to want to change their builds now.

so why not?

Here's hoping EVERYONE gets a free respec on Thursday
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    think even gf could be auto rest when log in like gwf was with last time changes

i certainly hope not.

ALLOWING ppl who WANT to change their build based on the changes is one thing

FORCING ppl to rebuild even if they DONT want to is unacceptable IMO
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I saw that they announced it on facebook...Not sure why they didn't announce it on the forums too. Seems odd they would only announce there first. Maybe its just me thats odd.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    in the past the free retraining tokens were issued when there were major class balance changes across the board. since i didn't get a response when i asked this specific question in the preview patch notes thread, i'm going to guess probably not.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Somebody asked on Twitter earlier and this is all they were willing to say :
    https://twitter.com/Eddie1786/status/440277864512880640
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love PvP but I won't be changing my build or my gear to accommodate any changes.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Currently there will not be free respecs for the upcoming update. There are many buffs and a few changes to Guardian Fighters and net neutral, bug fixes or positive changes to other classes. The PvP changes such as Tenacity and the healing depression is broad strokes across all classes.

We want to give free respecs when there has been large redesigns, nerfs and likley also when there are new paragon paths.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Currently there will not be free respecs for the upcoming update. There are many buffs and a few changes to Guardian Fighters and net neutral, bug fixes or positive changes to other classes. The PvP changes such as Tenacity and the healing depression is broad strokes across all classes.

We want to give free respecs when there has been large redesigns, nerfs and likley also when there are new paragon paths.

Thank you Panderus, nice to have an official word on the matter.
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't say it has any buffs or is net neutral to TRs. There is an impact shot nerf and a nerf to both our critical rating and crit severity. This affects 90% of rogues who have gone down the executioner path. Do as you like of course but this is a net nerf to TRs.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The PvP changes such as Tenacity and the healing depression is broad strokes across all classes.

And this is why we need free respecs , tenacity moves the goalposts ,it isn't about buffs or debuffs , taking tenacity into account changes the choices most players would make while creating a pvp character , at the moment players have CC and healing boons and feats that will be all but neutralized by tenacity and players who cannot respec will be sub optimal at best , anyways whatever.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    And this is why we need free respecs , tenacity moves the goalposts ,it isn't about buffs or debuffs , taking tenacity into account changes the choices most players would make while creating a pvp character , at the moment players have CC and healing boons and feats that will be all but neutralized by tenacity and players who cannot respec will be sub optimal at best , anyways whatever.

I happen to agree with you, but complaining about it won't really do much. this thread was created for the purpose of finding out if there would be one, and it's fulfilled that purpose.
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Excuse me, but frontline surge aswell as every single feat related to it is useless now. To me, altering the most needed skill of a class/paragon path into a direction where it won't do anymore what it's supposed to be doing, seems like a "large redesign" to me. -25% damage is a nerf for all single targets GWF's aswell as the GF's. The compensation for a minus 25% damage nerf is a cooldown reduction of ONE second and 2 additional targets... in terms of aoe, it may be a tiny little "buff" (only if you manage to hit 5 targets, at all.) Additionally the prone duration was reduced... resulting in the target being able to get up much quicker, while the attacker loses several hits on a target that used to be grounded before. (again, we lose damage.)

I mean if this isn't screaming for a respec, then idk anymore.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The HR paragon path is coming out when Module 3 launches. The PVP update tomorrow isn't the same thing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

What he means to say is

Currently there will not be FREE respecs for the upcomming update, we want you to all pay us money for changing how all the classes work. We realize that it might be an inconvenience to you but that is why we offer a respec token for ONLY 300 zen. We also reserve the right to change every class at any time forcing you to buy a respec token whenever we see fit, after all we might want a bonus.