test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GG Price for changing sides 750k AD - Temporarily REMOVE IT

morentharmorenthar Member Posts: 2,500 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Our guild is willing to switch to Luskan side, but for 750k AD, ah no.

Please allow for a limited window in which guilds may switch sides to balance and access GG PvP.

I think the problems are well known so I'm not going to rehash the whole thing.

Devs, let us help you fix it. 750k AD isn't going to get anyone jumping to switch sides.

<Syndul The Slick - Order of The Silent Shroud>
Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur
Post edited by morenthar on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or at least remove the cost for transferring to the weaker side (defined by wins/loss ratio over a period of say 30 days).
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    That is exactly the point of the relatively high cost of switching.

Devs don't want guilds to be switching back and forth.....actually at all. They don't want guilds to switch AT ALL.

But, sometimes a guild REALLY REALLY wants to switch because they have friends on the other side etc, then at least you have to spend significant resource
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That is exactly the point of the relatively high cost of switching.

Devs don't want guilds to be switching back and forth.....actually at all. They don't want guilds to switch AT ALL.

But, sometimes a guild REALLY REALLY wants to switch because they have friends on the other side etc, then at least you have to spend significant resource

sides? right now it's just delzoun and anyone masochistic enough to be on luskan. in fact, luskans just exist so that delzouns can pvp against something and nothing more.

outside of creating an alternate guild to get around the cost, there is not much choice to willingly help the weaker faction and not many are even willing to lose dwarf king access to attempt to help luskans actually win more than once every blue moon.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Isn't some new version of GG being added in the mod 3 patch or is that just a rumor? ( by new version I don't mean a reworked GG but a whole new faction based thing like GG is now but with new factions/map/rules etc ) if it is a rumor then they really do need a way to even out GG for the pvp portion
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sides? right now it's just delzoun and anyone masochistic enough to be on luskan. in fact, luskans just exist so that delzouns can pvp against something and nothing more.

outside of creating an alternate guild to get around the cost, there is not much choice to willingly help the weaker faction and not many are even willing to lose dwarf king access to attempt to help luskans actually win more than once every blue moon.
    You are so wrong on this. For a new 60 trying to build a GG set Luskan is the best answer. You can always get 2 PVP and half the time Luskan wins second PVP. So maybe out 1 coin if you lost both PVPs. But that is gauranteed PVP. Besides winning as Delz is a sleepwalk. There is of course only going to be FC which if you are coin farming is fine. Later when you want to farm DK Luskan is a bad choice. Otherwise it is a smart move for a toon you just promoted. All my babies go through Luskan boot camp. Show up late, pull a share, PVP twice run 4-5 FC. 26-35 coin and a pile of rough. Not bad for a new 60.
    edited March 2014

You are right. It is lopsided.

However, how does removing the fee help this lopsided team balance may I ask?
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I always have to LOL at these types of complaints.
    People wanted a reward for PVP - well here it is.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are right. It is lopsided.

However, how does removing the fee help this lopsided team balance may I ask?

The OP believes there are people who want to switch sides to help the balance but that the cost is a barrier. This was true in my case, but I just got the guild leader to make a new guild and put it in Luskan so I wouldn't have to pay him the 750k to switch.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We just did 2 guild CN runs and some members donated a little too to switch. The bad news though is that it's really hard now to get into pvp even if we queue as soon as you possibly can with a 5 man team. If you're luskan, I'd recommend keeping with them since I tihnk it'd be easier to get the new seals with them for mod 3.
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    The OP believes there are people who want to switch sides to help the balance but that the cost is a barrier. This was true in my case, but I just got the guild leader to make a new guild and put it in Luskan so I wouldn't have to pay him the 750k to switch.

Too funny.

Removing the cost would only make every single guild go to one side.
    edited March 2014
    Too funny.

nobody said it had to be removed from both sides. just removed for joining the weaker side.
    edited March 2014
    nobody said it had to be removed from both sides. just removed for joining the weaker side.

And what if the balance switches eventually? Then you want cryptic to remove the fee for joining the other side? Then go back and forth?
    edited March 2014
    And what if the balance switches eventually? Then you want cryptic to remove the fee for joining the other side? Then go back and forth?

not that hard to code a measure of power between factions. all they really have to do is code something to count wins/losses over a week or so and the fee would be placed on the stronger faction every week or so.
    edited March 2014
    not that hard to code a measure of power between factions. all they really have to do is code something to count wins/losses over a week or so and the fee would be placed on the stronger faction every week or so.

Great idea - wait a minute, isn't this pretty much what I suggested in the second post:
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Or at least remove the cost for transferring to the weaker side (defined by wins/loss ratio over a period of say 30 days).

Why does no-one ever read the second post? *cries*
    edited March 2014
    Great idea - wait a minute, isn't this pretty much what I suggested in the second post:

Why does no-one ever read the second post? *cries*

sorry, i was kinda being forced to completely spell it out :(
    edited March 2014
    Too funny.

This is only true of guilds full of D-bags.
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    This is only true of guilds full of D-bags.

And what are most guilds?
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If we're talking about a cost that changes based on power balance, then it shouldn't just be "remove costs for joining the weaker side".

It should be a sliding cost that favors joining the weaker side and increases as the powers become equal. So that, for example, switching sides when Luskan is virtually powerless is free, maybe 100k when they're very behind, and 1m when the powers are evenly matched.

As the cost to change over to the weaker side decreases, the cost to join the stronger side increases. When it's free to transfer to Luskan, it's 2m to transfer to Delzoun. 100k to transfer to Luskan, 1.9m to transfer to Delzoun.
    edited March 2014
    If we're talking about a cost that changes based on power balance, then it shouldn't just be "remove costs for joining the weaker side".

It should be a sliding cost that favors joining the weaker side and increases as the powers become equal. So that, for example, switching sides when Luskan is virtually powerless is free, maybe 100k when they're very behind, and 1m when the powers are evenly matched.

As the cost to change over to the weaker side decreases, the cost to join the stronger side increases. When it's free to transfer to Luskan, it's 2m to transfer to Delzoun. 100k to transfer to Luskan, 1.9m to transfer to Delzoun.

Decent enough idea, but why not keep things as simple as possible by making it free to transfer to the weaker side?
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How is going between GOOD and EVIL factions trivial??? that should'nt ever happen, and the 750k fee is stupidly low, if you joined luskan you should directly be not wellcome in neverwinter!

People often forgets this is a D&D game, people join delzoun because the vast majority of the player base likes to be the good guys, as i am TOTALLY AGAINST race change tokens, i would be absolutely offended as a 30 years DnD player if people was allowed to go from good to evil factions like is changing your ISP.
    edited March 2014
    Decent enough idea, but why not keep things as simple as possible by making it free to transfer to the weaker side?

But then a whole argument about what does "weaker side" entail will ensue.

Sure right now we can all see Luskans are the weaker side, but that will eventually change and we have people arguing whether this side is weak enough or not weak enough and then what?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    How is going between GOOD and EVIL factions trivial??? that should'nt ever happen, and the 750k fee is stupidly low, if you joined luskan you should directly be not wellcome in neverwinter!

People often forgets this is a D&D game, people join delzoun because the vast majority of the player base likes to be the good guys, as i am TOTALLY AGAINST race change tokens, i would be absolutely offended as a 30 years DnD player if people was allowed to go from good to evil factions like is changing your ISP.

Signed on to lol.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited March 2014

There is something to be said about this. I wouldn't oppose to removing any options of changing allegiances.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just because you start off good, doesn't mean you can't turn to evil or vice versa.

Here if you're DnD rule intensive.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

"Alignments can change. If a Lawful Neutral character consistently performs good acts, when neutral or evil actions were possible, their alignment will shift to Lawful Good. In games, the referee (or Dungeon Master) decides when alignment violations occur because it is subjective.[5]"
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Of course alignements can change... but they cannot become a joke... your guild cannot switch sides like is crossing the street solely on the basis of which side interest me the most, unless you're pure neutral and seek balance.
  • moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yeah, cuz good/evil is SOOO why people choose sides; they pick Dz to win, and to run DK. That is all. Also, very narrow-minded to consider the facist Dwarves 'good' and the Luskans evil - not to mention racist. Your not picking Good or Evil, yer deciding 'fight for the well-armed rich people" or "fight against the rich owning everything". If you want a 'real' rp then you should call it what it is. ...Im sure the mostly 2nd-class huminoids living in Luskan see it that way. And we all know Mit Romney is a Dwarf. Or a politically powerful rich Human, or High elf - so so so racist. I bet the Good guys are fighting for the Light (skin) and the Evil for the Darkness...

Just gtfo with yer appolojizzim for the Devs on this one. There is no 'rp excuse' for a broken pvp raid, especially not when they plan to showcase it to get the new pvp items.
  • moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    You are so wrong on this. For a new 60 trying to build a GG set Luskan is the best answer. You can always get 2 PVP and half the time Luskan wins second PVP. So maybe out 1 coin if you lost both PVPs. But that is gauranteed PVP. Besides winning as Delz is a sleepwalk. There is of course only going to be FC which if you are coin farming is fine. Later when you want to farm DK Luskan is a bad choice. Otherwise it is a smart move for a toon you just promoted. All my babies go through Luskan boot camp. Show up late, pull a share, PVP twice run 4-5 FC. 26-35 coin and a pile of rough. Not bad for a new 60.

Wow. Your argument for "GG is good as is" is that it is not 100% pointless for the loosers; and that it is easy to get the queue for a loosing game, cuz everyone else is waiting for the winning queue...
    edited March 2014
    There is no 'rp excuse' for a broken pvp raid, especially not when they plan to showcase it to get the new pvp items.

+1, the masses shouldn't be made to suffer because of some lore restriction that only a small portion of the player base is even aware of. This is a video game the objective should be fun competition not satisfying hard core DnD nerds.
  • readytoredrumreadytoredrum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is no 'rp excuse' for a broken pvp raid, especially not when they plan to showcase it to get the new pvp items.

He was making a point that there is a good reason as to why there is a barrier to switch sides.

Also as rashylewiz mentioned, eventually the balance will switch and then what constitutes a weaker side? There will be even more arguments and indecisions about when a side should be considered weak.
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow. Your argument for "GG is good as is" is that it is not 100% pointless for the loosers; and that it is easy to get the queue for a loosing game, cuz everyone else is waiting for the winning queue...

Not my point at all. Merely refuting the idea that Luskan is only for masochists. Luskan is the smart choice in many situations. BTW Luskan won PVP last GG and Delz had to run FC. It was kind of fun really....