test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MoF CW final tree abilities?

fefnir3284fefnir3284 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Library
Im a MoF and I dont use ice storm, nor conduit of ice, nor magic missile, but im a renegade and have been since MoF was released. I just respecced to get 3/3 in ray of frost (was 2/3) before and was using scorching burst and chilling cloud at wills. I swear that chaos magic procced off of something other than MM. Was there a change and if not, then does that mean I can NOT utilize any final tree talent (because I dont care to use ice storm, conduit, or MM)?
Post edited by fefnir3284 on

Comments

• Options
    elieli04elieli04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you don't use Magic Missile as Renegade or Conduit of Ice as Thaumaturge, you are doing it wrong as a Control Wizard. Not trying to troll you or anything. Just saying.
  • Options
    fefnir3284fefnir3284 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And yet im still top DPS and kills in everything. *facepalm* Man nothing else even slightly appeals to me.
  • Options
    elieli04elieli04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's the thing. Both final Feats are not so you can 'Top DPS', you are a Control Wizard, the main purpose of them is to debuff, and control crowd mobs.

But I can see you are one of the many that think "Oh I am top DPS, Oh I am so cool". Don't think like that. Those kind of Control Wizard of the worst.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, I can see going MoF and going Renegade (more Crit) and using Chilling Cloud (more Rimefire effect). But if you're gonna do that, then don't even bother taking the capstone feat in Renegade.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    fefnir3284 wrote: »
    And yet im still top DPS and kills in everything. *facepalm* Man nothing else even slightly appeals to me.

If you are the top DPS as a MoF CW then you are running with some really bad groups....
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    No, I can see going MoF and going Renegade (more Crit) and using Chilling Cloud (more Rimefire effect). But if you're gonna do that, then don't even bother taking the capstone feat in Renegade.

If you're a Renegade who doesn't use MM, then why are you Renegade? There isn't anything else in the tree that even comes close to how good Chaos Magic is. 15% buff to damage, 15% buff to power, or a 10% heal all of which can be active at the same time.

If you're going to use Scorching Burst and Chilling Cloud, why on earth wouldn't you be a Thaum? It's feats are perfectly suited to what you're using, but seriously under perform as a Renegade compared to other options. So yes, you should definitely respec or adjust your play style.

If you're pulling #1 in damage with what you're using I submit that your teams are bad, as you aren't using anything close to optimal rotations/feating. It does speak well of you as a player that you can beat others in DPS with a broken build, but as an intelligent player you should see the value in upping your damage by a very large percentage. If you haven't done T2's yet, you'll see my point once you do.

(This doesn't even take into account the Dracolich, which gives people apoplectic fits the first time they roll in there.)
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing in this thread is making any sense -

Thaum is the way to go PvE - see my build

Renegade is underwhelming but without magic missile it's not going to make sense? what' weird build are you running?
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2014
    it would be nice to have more options and not being strictly bound to a specific spell by final feat... the most annoying one is by no mean Opressor, which is useless at the top of it...
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hm, i would like more options as well, that said conduit is brilliant with a thaum, so i am not complaining about it at all.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014

fefnir3284 wrote: »

I run a build much like you.

I have had both Renegade and Thaum builds... from these boards.

But I found when I combined some of the feats of both, you build an equally effective build that will indeed outdamage either one of the two.

So you are correct in what you are saying.