test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Whispers from the Void

celestarioncelestarion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Name: The Whispers from the Void- by @celestarion
ID: NW-DUISZ4OXA

Lenght: 25 to 40 minutes depending on your dialogue choices (31 minutes right now).

Difficulty: Solo mission with companion.

Lore: Fantastic/Horror take inspiration from H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King
Mission type: Story, Combat, Lore, Exploration, Pen & Paper
Combat: Solo, medium difficulty, the end can be difficult
TAGS: #BALANCED #HORROR #LORE
34o22ol.jpg
Hi-res version

Your eye is drawn to a small hand-written poster on the panel. Below the picture of an old scrawled house you can read:

"Murder of Dr. West in his Manor! We are actively seeking brave Investigators to find the murderer and hunt the creatures lurking in the Domains.

We do not reimburse the loss of Sanity points... "
- Georgie, the Keeper

sgqvxe.jpg
Hi-res version

15d6w5i.jpg
Hi-res version

The quest has been designed with a great interest for quality and atmosphere. Solo experience is prefered because the quest offers a huge immersion.
Do you hear "The Whispers from the Void"...

A scenario based on the lore of Lovecraft: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=1151

Post edited by celestarion on

Comments

• esthera2jesthera2j Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I cannot follow the "green lights" in the otherworld. I tried selecting "low res" and I can see the floating books, but I cannot walk from one to the next. I get stuck. I understand that I can "walk on air," but I cannot get up to where the third book is floating.
  • celestarioncelestarion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esthera2j wrote: »
    I cannot follow the "green lights" in the otherworld. I tried selecting "low res" and I can see the floating books, but I cannot walk from one to the next. I get stuck. I understand that I can "walk on air," but I cannot get up to where the third book is floating.

Hello esthera2j,
    You have to jump and climb on decor (floating house) to reach the good path. If you fall, retry from the plateform.

A scenario based on the lore of Lovecraft: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=1151

• ramnyramny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mate, i played through this one. Really good involving story, not that much combat, which is good (lots of combat knows to be pretty boring). The idea is new, i haven't seen it yet. Good luck on future quests!:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cal333cal333 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really enjoyed this quest. Made a change from the normal shoot em now. The puzzle bits are great along with the characters you made up and the amount of new ideas you can use them for. I like the concept of a story within a story and a good storyline to follow. I'm keeping an eye out for more of your work. Thank you for your brilliant effort.
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Incredible work. THIS kind of content will be what keeps me playing this game. I'm a Foundry author as well, but I was left stunned by your mastery of the Foundry tool. Made me want to throw in the towel at first, then it made me determined to come up with something better (or at least try) and that's a win/win for the community as a whole. :)
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grats on being featured. I'm going to play this today.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to say that this is the best Foundry that I have played so far.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played it. Loved it. What impressed me most is the clever way you told the story, using a game in a game.
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for your reviews, I'm glad you enjoyed playing it :)

• esthera2jesthera2j Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hello esthera2j,
    You have to jump and climb on decor (floating house) to reach the good path. If you fall, retry from the plateform.

I tried that. I cannot jump up onto the ship. :(
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    esthera2j wrote: »
    I tried that. I cannot jump up onto the ship. :(

Have you jumped onto the roof after running up the column of the house?
  • justin0xjustin0x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm stuck. The "game Over" part says press "F" to teleport.. i pressed "F" but nothing happened.. i tried pressing it alot of times but still nothing happened
    edited July 2013
    justin0x wrote: »
    i'm stuck. The "game Over" part says press "F" to teleport.. i pressed "F" but nothing happened.. i tried pressing it alot of times but still nothing happened

Have you a White screen during this moment? Are the green fog present on this map? Are you playing in low graphics?

It's important for me to know as in low graphics this effect may not appear. I think it's not 100% bug reproduction (because players are able to finish the quest without talking of this problem). But it's a showstopper, I'll try to see what I can do for the yellow star quest.

• devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure it doesnt hurt that I'm a big Lovecraft fan, but this is one of the best missions I have played in any video game. Thanks for making it, and please make more :D
  • ibflaminibflamin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    only just started to download the Client but saw this in the foundry spotlight and took the trip over here.
    Looking forward to checking this out after i get initiated with NW,
    Ahhh the sword Coast i've missed you my friend.

celestarion, grats on the feedback look forward to seeing this as an example of what is possible with the toolset.
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Great quest Celestarion.

One thing I would love to know how you did was the dialogues that once you read one section it greyed out and allowed you to continue talking through all the points without dropping the whole dialogue. Thats how I have seen most mmos do it but I havent seen it before on here.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Awesome Foundry very creative use of transitions and scenery I was never ever bored even when there was not much happening because the scenery was so lovly. I had no problem with the lights I loved how it makes you feel like you were defying gravity. the boss at the end was a bit hard for solo play I had to try it many times before I got him.
  • djcasper604djcasper604 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok.. this map is garbage.. the button with a door to return to last map and leave this map is locked out until you go to the original door that you came in then press it.. meaning if you want to leave this map.. you cant even. MY FRIEND WAS STUCK IN HERE FOR OVER AN HOUR TRYING ALL WAYS TO GET OUT AND IT WOULDNT LET HIM.. TRASH MAP.. I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT TO NOONE!!!

AND IF THIS SAME PERSON MAKES ANY OTHER FOUNDRYS I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT EITHER.. SEEMS HE PUT IN MORE ABOUT THE STORYLINE AND LESS ABOUT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!!
    edited October 2013
    ok.. this map is garbage.. the button with a door to return to last map and leave this map is locked out until you go to the original door that you came in then press it.. meaning if you want to leave this map.. you cant even. MY FRIEND WAS STUCK IN HERE FOR OVER AN HOUR TRYING ALL WAYS TO GET OUT AND IT WOULDNT LET HIM.. TRASH MAP.. I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT TO NOONE!!!

AND IF THIS SAME PERSON MAKES ANY OTHER FOUNDRYS I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT EITHER.. SEEMS HE PUT IN MORE ABOUT THE STORYLINE AND LESS ABOUT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!!

Hi djcasper604,

I'm pretty sad to read your post, mostly about the way you write it. You're the first one to talk about this problem. Can you be more precise? Normaly when you open the chest in the final room, you have to get out by the door where NPCs are playing and normaly it works. It doesn't works when your friend tried to go by this door? What about you? did you had any problem?

Lot of people seems to like Storyline quests, please be more tolerant, moreover this element was specified in quest description.

• ronb73ronb73 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I enjoyed this adventure right up until the screen went white and I had to press F to end the module. I hated the "follow the green lights" portion until I figured it out (typical, right) but the white screen and hit F mechanic ruined it for me. Cant complete so I cant rate within the game but FYI that error made what I would have given go from a 4 to a 1.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Definitely one of my favorite quests thus far. I laughed at first when I realized it was a game-within-a-game, but I like that kind of thing. The storyline was great, and I loved the effects, and how the time-travel elements progressively mess with space-time, and things start floating, and you have different times smashed together. I had a blast with it. I didn't have the issues that some other people had about the not being able to navigate away, but I was using low graphics (my computer tends to crash when I go full graphics) and it didn't interfere with my completion, so I don't think that's the problem.

Some people are just going to troll. Ignore them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]