test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ban system is stupid

confusedgamer1confusedgamer1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Getting tired of party hijackers destorying our team.Your ban system makes it too easy for any one to join a party and destroy it.Today we are killing a spell plauge boss 4 man, and a random cleric joins right as we are about to beat it.So we kick him and he rejoins, this time starting a kick before any one else does and makeing us kick our own team.Then to top it off his buddys que in after we got kicked and vote kicked the rest of our team.I know this for a fact because we was all in chat when this happened.This isn't the 1st time this has happened.EASY FIXES--no brainer......when a newcomer joins a party he must wait 5 minutes before hes allowed to vote kick?I mean why give some random guy whos done nothing at all, besides login to a party.. and then has the option to vote kick?No Brainer #2 a senority system........meaning to kick a veteran party member u need 4 newcomer votes or the majority of the original team votes.....so 3 out of the 1st 5 original members,or 4 newcomer votes on a senior player.Simple problem solved and i thought that up while rageing in about i dunno 175 seconds?
Post edited by confusedgamer1 on

Comments

• Options
    koppspaltakoppspalta Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    why u guys kicked him in first place? i dont understand that :rolleyes: and wish this happens again and again for ya
  • Options
    starflingerstarflinger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Read before you kick
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Read before you kick

This - if you are impatient enough to vote yes for a kick without reading the name of the player then you deserve what you get.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Like the others have said why did you agree to his kick attempt? and apart from that simply kicking the cleric in the first place for no other reason than ''he joined just as we were about to kill the boss'' technically puts you in breach of the games ToS , I'm by no means condoning his behavior but don't come here complaining about other players breaking the rules when you broke the rules in the first place.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    You reap what you sow.

At the very least you and your team could have wait till the loot window pops up, then kick the random cleric.

But noooo.... You all have to be so brainless to kick during the battle.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    just finished a spell plauge run.....boss droped a sinsiter helmet for my rouge...guess what happened......vote kick?is that fair?this game is rediculous.....and unfair.Also on another note don't change the subject guys...the point is anybody can login and trash your game....not that i got kicked......it's about the system....and people with the abiltiy to say o hey i wanna dunge que....o cool c ya?that shouldn't be allowed period....
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic should just disable the vote kick - feature in bossfight areas of the instances. Why have you kicked the DC, though? Wouldn't it be nicer to let the person participate and get something?

For example> my guild ran MC, one of our party members had to go right before the Fulminorax fight and the spot got filled with a random GF. We told him that he's lucky since we would not kick him out and finished the dungeon. The guy added me as a friend and whenever i am in need of a tank now i can just call him.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic should just disable the vote kick - feature in bossfight areas of the instances. Why have you kicked the DC, though? Wouldn't it be nicer to let the person participate and get something?

For example> my guild ran MC, one of our party members had to go right before the Fulminorax fight and the spot got filled with a random GF. We told him that he's lucky since we would not kick him out and finished the dungeon. The guy added me as a friend and whenever i am in need of a tank now i can just call him.
    we kicked him because the boss was nearly dead and all he did was login...should he be allowed to roll on a drop for doing nothing?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It seems the real problem here is the "mine, Mine, MINE" attitude players seem to have. Not just in the OP scenario, but in all scenarios of this type that I read about.

Hel-lo!? It's a *game* people. To the OP: So freakin' what if someone joins your party at the end, how EXACTLY does it benefit you by removing that player? I don't get it. Maybe it really does benefit you, I don't know. I don;t participate in group play because you all seem like jerks (based on all I read here in the forums),

So I ask again how does it help you and your existing party to remove this last minute player (other than 'we just wanna play by our own little selves")? If there really is a benefit, then that is the problem, not the kicking system, but the very incentive to use it (for other than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reasons). But beyond that, it has to be said: It's simple asshatism of everyone involved.
  • Options
    rfootrfoot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because they were killing the boss 4-man and didn't want some random to roll on the loot that they did nothing for.

OP's fault that they voted their own teammates out though
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you have constructive feedback about the vote kick system in neverwinter, please contribute it to one of the open threads. there is no need to have ten of these in our forums.

and also, let's please keep the drama out of the forums. if you have complaints about other players, you have the option to make a report. naming/shaming & defaming is not allowed.

thanks.

as a side note, profanity that for whatever reason isn't part of the profanity filter is still profanity, so please do not use any profanity on our forums.
This discussion has been closed.