test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change companions race/sex?

izariel44izariel44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Immersion is important to me and maybe even a little RP. I am an elven wizard (female). I got a man at arms and feel wierd questing with a human male as my companion. I would really like a feature in the future that would let us change our companions race and sex. I think this would be a really great feature that people would really make use of. Just something to think about.
Post edited by izariel44 on

Comments

• Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes please. I am tired of running my stubby little dwarven legs around the country side with that silly elf or human companion. Were are my fellow dwarven brother and sister companions.
  • Options
    skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izariel44 wrote: »
    Immersion is important to me and maybe even a little RP. I am an elven wizard (female). I got a man at arms and feel wierd questing with a human male as my companion. I would really like a feature in the future that would let us change our companions race and sex. I think this would be a really great feature that people would really make use of. Just something to think about.

I also would like this feature. I mean it can't be too hard to implement considering in STO you can create a completely new humanoid specie, and the two games practically share the same engine.
    My Foundry Missions:
    The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
  • Options
    onikurroonikurro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My companions race/sex doesn't really bother me. However i can see where you are coming from and hope that Cryptic takes that in mind before the next big update.
  • Options
    shingetzushingetzu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This JUST happened to me. I named my companion a mans name and its a girl cleric. WTF...

Sorry to complain so much but... how does a company who's franchise is all about creativity and immersion forget to add in customization?
    I love this game but this is just bugging the hell out of me.
  • Options
    xiamandrewxxiamandrewx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree! I wanted my character to be seen as a lone drow, but now my wayward wizard companion is a drow as well and we're running around Neverwinter looking like the Black Panthers. I'd much rather be seen as a ragtag group of mercenaries than an organized group to bring down the white elf.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    companions are currently not customizable other than being able to select which companions you choose to accompany your character. there are already a number of companions to choose from including promo companions like the renegade illusionist, free for trying out the ARC client (link)

whether companions will be expanded to include customization, only time will tell. i would assume that most people would prefer the expansion of character customization before companions based on what i've seen here on the forums.

(this necro is going to be allowed to breathe a little since there aren't any current threads discussing this particular topic)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aren't the newish Shieldmaiden and Con Artist just different versions of the Man at Arms and Sellsword? Both are gender flipped and in the case of the former, race changed. I know the Sellsword has caused some people issues when they gave her a male name and a lot of people don't realize the wererat thief is female. I had to rename mine and later had to prove to another person what gender she is. (It's in the description)

It would be nice if we could dye our mounts and the clothes/armor of our companions, though being able to select a gender would be good too.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to change my companions' genders, too.

Race change might not work on some cases, such as Lillend and animal-typed companions.
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I would like to change my companions' genders, too.

Race change might not work on some cases, such as Lillend and animal-typed companions.

me too, i want my dancing blade to change gender
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I brought this topic up back in September. My primary, a male cleric of Sune, would surround himself not with Heroes, but with Heroines to perform his Leadership tasks...and his companion choices would likewise be all female. The female Dwarf defender type is an improvement over the old Man-at-arms, but I've already gone to the expense of leveling Jack, my original companion, to 30...
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree! I wanted my character to be seen as a lone drow, but now my wayward wizard companion is a drow as well and we're running around Neverwinter looking like the Black Panthers. I'd much rather be seen as a ragtag group of mercenaries than an organized group to bring down the white elf.

Fight the power!
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some type of selector option, so the companions' gender is known.

Ran around with the very first companion, a Cleric, male name, female gendered until I could afford the name change.

Now with any new companion, I ask in chat the gender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jimden wrote: »
    Some type of selector option, so the companions' gender is known.

Ran around with the very first companion, a Cleric, male name, female gendered until I could afford the name change.

Now with any new companion, I ask in chat the gender.

If you right-click the companion purchase in your inventory you get the option to view it. This can be helpful when trying to decide on a gender-specific name :)