test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction Broker Button (Top of the screen, fourth from the right)

arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

I was wondering if you folks could change the gavel button to open the auction house with one click, instead of opening a dialogue with the auction broker, asking to see what items he thinks you need, and then clicking on Find Similar button to finally open the auction house. No disrespect meant to whoever programmed the auction broker, but no one really cares about his suggestions, and the vast majority of players who click the gavel icon are headed for the auction house anyway. Changing the gavel button to open the auction house with one click, and then adding an button to the auction house to open the auction broker for those who actually want to view his recommendations would help cut down on required clicks and help reduce the bandwidth required to open the auction house from a remote location.

Thank you.

P.S.

While I'm at it, can you change the auction house to only search for items once we've clicked the search button? It would tremendously cut down on lag by reducing the number of hits to the database. Right now, when I want to search for a weapon, I'd have to click Equipment, wait for the auction house to display the irrelevant results, click on Main Hand, wait for the results once more, before I set my search parameters and click search to find the right weapon for the right character.
Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
Post edited by arontimes on

Comments

• Options
    vildsixvildsix Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    arontimes wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering if you folks could change the gavel button to open the auction house with one click, instead of opening a dialogue with the auction broker, asking to see what items he thinks you need, and then clicking on Find Similar button to finally open the auction house. No disrespect meant to whoever programmed the auction broker, but no one really cares about his suggestions, and the vast majority of players who click the gavel icon are headed for the auction house anyway. Changing the gavel button to open the auction house with one click, and then adding an button to the auction house to open the auction broker for those who actually want to view his recommendations would help cut down on required clicks and help reduce the bandwidth required to open the auction house from a remote location.

Thank you.

P.S.

While I'm at it, can you change the auction house to only search for items once we've clicked the search button? It would tremendously cut down on lag by reducing the number of hits to the database. Right now, when I want to search for a weapon, I'd have to click Equipment, wait for the auction house to display the irrelevant results, click on Main Hand, wait for the results once more, before I set my search parameters and click search to find the right weapon for the right character.

Totally agree. Whit every word.
    (where can i add reputation? :))
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    to add to this, if you're on your companion page, please set the comparisons to the companions equipped gear. I don't know how many times I've almost bought something because i was trying to buy companion gear to find out that im comparing my belt/ring and not the companions
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    +1 on this , never really got why you have to open 2 windows before you finally get the AH interface ,it wouldn't be so bad but sometimes the window with the suggestions on takes so long to load, making the gavel icon just open the AH directly would be a big QoL improvement.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /bind X gensendmessage auction_root show

Just change X to whatever number you want to bind the AH to.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I use

/bind <key> GenAddWindow Auction_Root

a one touch button to get the AH showing, probably same results as previous post, so try them out
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Be aware you'll be subject to higher listing fees since it's the broker and not the real auction.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Be aware you'll be subject to higher listing fees since it's the broker and not the real auction.
    I thought this went away last year?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, it's a flat 10% now no matter how you access the AH.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    /bind X gensendmessage auction_root show

Just change X to whatever number you want to bind the AH to.

OMFG works like a dream , you sir are my Hero :D
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tried the following things, but they didn't work. If they are possible, please explain. Thanks.
    • Open AH by pressing the <key> when inventory is open
    • Close AH by pressing the <key> again
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The keybind will only work if you are in normal game mode. Inventory puts you in cursor mode, so it doesn't work. Same thing if you have keybinds for chat channels. You have to do it from normal game mode, then hit 'I' to access your inventory. To close it, just hit the 'x' if you want to leave other windows open or ALT if you just want to close out everything and go back to the game.