test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bilethorn - what proc's it?

crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hey guys,

I searched the forum and googled, but couldn't find an answer to my quite simple question: What activates the Bilethorn Enchantment ticks?

The description reads:
"X% Poison damage. Additional X% Poison damage after 4s."

Based on that tooltip I would think that this enchantment is activated by any attack. Be it at-will or encounter. Just as, say, Plague Fire. But it doesn't - at least not for me.

I have a (Lesser, but I don't think this should be relevant for this question) BT on my Rogue.
I attack mobs with Sly Flourish (= at-will) and at some point I see different numbers floating. But I don't see consistency in this.
I attack mobs with Dazing Strike (= encounter) but there again I don't see any consistency when the BT ticks start to float.

Any insight on that? Thanks. :)
Post edited by crystal892f on

Comments

• spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It is WAI. Try using duelists flurry, and get amazed by all the floating little numbers. Even though you might not always see the procced damage, it is there. Check your combat log to assure this.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Set one of your "social" tabs to show only combat logs. You will see that after 4 seconds bilethorn procs % weapon dmg of each attack. At lesser its not that much but it adds up. One benefit from bilethorn is that even if you have to move away from your target to regen or wait for a CD bilethorn is still doing damage. Its really a pvp enchantment but I just keep it on during pve because i don't feel like reslotting it. Congrats on your lesser and keep upgrading it. I use a greater and working toward a perfect.

Cheers!

StevenX
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another vaguely amused Bilethorn user here, as well.

I haven't got round to seeing whether the GWF power Deep Gash triggers the Bilethorn in a similar manner to Duelist's Flurry, given that both are technically 'bleed' effects. It may provide a nice change from all the vorpal going round.

Come to think of it, would the ticks also persist through the Soulforge respawn?

There I am, just planting seeds... (to commemorate 20 years of the passing of the late, great Bill Hicks)
  • s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    handofdonk wrote: »
    Another vaguely amused Bilethorn user here, as well.

I haven't got round to seeing whether the GWF power Deep Gash triggers the Bilethorn in a similar manner to Duelist's Flurry, given that both are technically 'bleed' effects. It may provide a nice change from all the vorpal going round.

Come to think of it, would the ticks also persist through the Soulforge respawn?

There I am, just planting seeds... (to commemorate 20 years of the passing of the late, great Bill Hicks)

Its the initial hits proccing the bile thorn not the bleed. The flurry hits a ton of times.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just watch for the green cloud.
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Does the bleed dot trigger bilethorn?